TPMS Warning light comes on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyrover

Reaction score
Our 07' was doing this and I asked the dealer about it when it was in for a transmission service and they said it was most likely the TPMS ECU going out. Ours would come on at random times and then would go off. It would never stay on all the time. I ended up disabling it with my IIDTool.

Airstream345

Reaction score
Airstream345:

I have been told the TPMS module can go bad :(

On a side note - do you tow an Airstream with your LR3? I have a 25ft Flying cloud, but I don't use the LR3... Maybe you can private message me back :)

Regarding the Airstream - the other way around. We used to own an Airstream 345 Motorhome and flat towed a 69 VW Beetle behind it. No towing with the LR3 (yet) but I'd often thought about getting a Bambi in the future.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
So I took it to Pepboys again as its servicing is still under warranty. They had changed all the sensors the first time and that seemed to work, at least for some time before it started coming on and off.

The guys couldnt figure out much on why is it happening that way. The guy there cleared the fault, filled the air in and then drove it around the parking lot and the light seemed to have gone. While driving back, the lights came on for an instant but thn didnt come again. Last night, just after starting it happened again, and then the light didnt come again.. Definitely not coming on for a longer type ..Its just bizarre..

Mine is still under their 90 days service warranty so I am going to cross my fingers and hope that it fixes by itself. Otherwise, I dont know as yet.... Planning a 500 miles road trip over the memorial weekend so that should be good to test it out...

PS: I did notice that while the regular tires are Hankook, the donut is still OEM.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
wanted to close loop on this. Finally, took it to the dealer and it seems TPMS module was faulty. Costed around $1300 but because of warranty I had to pay only $100 out of pocket. The problem is now solved.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see that a new TPMS module can be bought on online, is this something I can change out myself?

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanted to close loop on this. Finally, took it to the dealer and it seems TPMS module was faulty. Costed around $1300 but because of warranty I had to pay only $100 out of pocket. The problem is now solved.

what kind of warranty do you have? My tpms went away ever since I started driving more and battery started getting better charge

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all these years and so many different pressures in the tires.... Finally the TPMS light has been off for over a week!!

19 inch wheels with HT Duellers, I have had this configuration since 2012.
Air temp 60F
LR3 had not been driven for 24 hours.

Set pressures to:
Front - 38psi
Rear - 42psi
Spare - 60psi (no sensor on this full sized spare, it has the rubber stem)

No TPMS light or words for a week over a temp range of 50F to 65F.

Just felt light updating this thread in case it helps others...

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not replace the module. I just finally found tire pressures that my LR3 likes!!!

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had the TPMS light come on and off constantly for months, saying all tires are low. Sometime this spring, it just stopped. 6 months went by and the first cool morning here it came on and off a few times again, then stopped for a few weeks. It happened once last week, briefly came on then went off. I run 40F / 45R so they should never get below the threshold, certainly not all of them!

I do not know what is causing it to be so random, but things never really fix themselves. It's not a huge issue, certainly not enough to buy a $350 module!

I hope it stays off for a long time for you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99