TPMS Warning light comes on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
When I bought my LR3 from a private seller last month, there was a TPMS warning light on the dashboard that he mentioned he would fix before handing over the vehicle. At the time of handing over, I asked the guy about the work done on the vehicle (service report) and he showed me the service report from Pepboys where it mentioned that they replaces the four sensors, etc at a total cost of ~$500. To be fair, it was during the weekend when the LR service station was closed, and since I wanted to get the car asap (was too excited!), that worked for me.

However as soon as I got the vehicle, I saw the sensor light going on and off while driving. I saw in the posts here (must have spent 2-3 hours/day on this forum from a week before the purchase) that it takes a little bit of driving afterwards to get everything adjusted, however, its been ~150 -200 miles since then and the warning light is still the same (going between on and off.. around 2-3 times a minute, more off than on though).

Just wondering what could be wrong here, and should I take it to pepboys again because it seems they definitely didnt do a good job at the first time.

Any suggestions?

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
..should mention that earlier it was always ON.. but after pepboys visit, it was more of flickering type. So someone surely did something but what, I dont know!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably needs to get connected to an Autologix at a dealer or independent to see what's going on. I would assume that the Pep Boys one has a warranty if one is bad.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
thnx tlt... I am traveling this week so have scheduled some time with Pepboys during the next weekend.

Trynian

Reaction score
I actualy had a similar issue but it turned out to be a short in the fuel pump ground that was causing it. One of the main connector plugs between the inner and frame wiring harnes was loosing connection and the ground to the fuel gage sendors was making up for it.

Took awhile to find but worth a look if the issue continues. The plugs are located just next to the back left shock

There are only 2 brake pad ware sensors front left and back right. You can easly jump those at the plug to take them out of the equation to see if the issue persists.

rovingtony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring it back to the pepboys and tell them that they didn't fix the problem.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this issue in mine too, I am finally going to take it to the stealership :(

Airstream345

Reaction score
I have the same issue. All four sensors checked out OK. Not sure what to check next.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airstream345:

I have been told the TPMS module can go bad :(

On a side note - do you tow an Airstream with your LR3? I have a 25ft Flying cloud, but I don't use the LR3... Maybe you can private message me back :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90