Tranny Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BacnBoy

Reaction score
I've just purchased my first Land Rover a couple months back. Private Sale; 2006 LR3 V6. It has started to shift really funky between 3rd & 4 th gear, especially getting up to highway speed. Revs really high, have to get off gas for it to "catch". Works most of the time. Has thrown the Tranny Fault Limited Gears Available. Pulled over, turned vehicle off and removed key for 10 sec and it goes away. Still shifts funky though after that. Have had battery tested but bringing to dealership tomorrow. Any other thoughts and areas I should look at?? Thx!!

seanfhaynes

Reaction score
Sounds just like what was/is happening with mine.

mine goes under the knife at the beginning of the month for the transmission module.

BacnBoy

Reaction score
I replaced the Brake Switch and have not had a fault. It will still shift hard between 3&4 at higher RPM's (getting onto hwy) but with regular road driving, have not had an issue as of yet. Will sometimes have to sport shift into 6th on hwy.

seanfhaynes

Reaction score
Mine did that for a while then it started to throw codes for the Torque converter not/improperly locking/unlocking after about a month or so.

I had tried the brake switch replacement as well.
are you getting hard shifts when stopping/starting from a stop?

Hopefully this repair fixes it.

BacnBoy

Reaction score
No, it seems fine from the start/stop. Keeping my fingers crossed but you never know. Could be something new each time you turn the key.

jkuengineer

Reaction score
mine did this as well. there is a transmission control module in the hood compartment i changed out new from the dealer problem solved. i still have it if you need it, its 2 months old just changed it out to make sure that was the problem.

BacnBoy

Reaction score
Did changing out the module fix the problem? My issues have come back.

jkuengineer

Reaction score
Did changing out the module fix the problem? My issues have come back.

I don't have the car anymore but yes it did. I had transmission faults and transfer case wouldn't work right. I changed out the module it worked perfectly after with no problems. I still have the module I didn't use it much it's in my garage (no idea why as I don't have the car anymore) let me know if you want it.

Thanks

BacnBoy

Reaction score
You didn't leave it in the LR3? How much are you asking for it? It is for the V6, correct? Thx

jkuengineer

Reaction score
You didn't leave it in the LR3? How much are you asking for it? It is for the V6, correct? Thx

Yes I do, mine was the 4.4 V8 but I was told (please confirm) the modules are the same. I paid about $100 if I'm not mistaken. I kept the module my car got totalled two weeks after the install. I took it off to return but forgot. Make me an offer. You can send me a txt 818-631-4233

Thx!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM