Transmission won't shift to 6th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chomondely

Reaction score
2006 LR3 V6, 47,000 miles. The transmission wil not shift into 6th when in the auto mode. If I switch to manual and bump it up ,it shifts into 6th. Other shifts from 1st to 5th very smooth. I only noticed the problem when I saw that the RPMs were too high for 60mph.
Thre transmission seems to drop back to 5th around 40mph, about where it always was. I'm taking it to the dealer next week. Any simialar problems?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes in CommanShift my transmission will "pop out" of 1st and go into second. ...and this is NOT at high compression, either. It's almost at a medium-slow speed.

I am going to take it in and have the service dept. "flash it."

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 LR3 V6, 47,000 miles. The transmission wil not shift into 6th when in the auto mode. If I switch to manual and bump it up ,it shifts into 6th. Other shifts from 1st to 5th very smooth. I only noticed the problem when I saw that the RPMs were too high for 60mph.
Thre transmission seems to drop back to 5th around 40mph, about where it always was. I'm taking it to the dealer next week. Any simialar problems?

I had a similar issue when I got my pre-owned LR3. It woundnt shift out of 3rd at times. It turned out that I had one tire that was different than the rest of the three. They were the same size but one was just a different make. I guess the different tread pattern was throwing off the sensor. Once I got a new tire that was the same as the other 3 no more issues. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4