TSB for airbag trim not covered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else have their airbag replaced under warranty for the airbag trim on top of the steering wheel separating? They issued a TSB for it My dealer wouldn't cover it saying it was weather related. I love my dealer but sounds fishy. They warmed up my rental for me. Replaced my squeaking idler pulley no question. Thanks for your response.

Rhazer

Reaction score
me too

when i first got my car second hand it was still under warranty, i made a list of all the things that need to be looked into, and after a long argument and discussion, they did not agree to change the steering wheel airbag as it was peeling off

The reason being first leather trim is past its 3 year warranty ( It s a five year warranty when u buy it, but they don't tell you its three years PLUS 2 years extended) and so my car falls within the extended period, and second ,

LEATHER TRIM is not covered...go figure the IRONY?? .I can see a faint lining of the dashboard airbag as well, but i am applying lots of leather softner and UV protector to the whole dash.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine replaced too, under warranty.

And the excuse from your dealer is nonsense.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trim is messed up too and steering wheel is "melting" I have a 2005 is it to late for these to be covered?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my 2005 steering wheel and airbag replaced just before factory warranty ran out. Dealer replaced without issue, they said they'd done close to 50.

Rhazer

Reaction score
do they actually replace it with a better type or the same one that may peel off again in the future?
any ideas?

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '05 HSE that I purchased new in Nov. of '05. The steering wheel was replaced after about 18 months. The leather just melted off and left black stains on my hands like partially cured 5200. At the same time, I complained about a warping drivers airbag. Dealer said it was a known issue and they were developing a fix. That took two years but they finally replaced it for free at about 55,000 miles. At the same time, they replaced the dash as it had started to crack around the vents. I had to pay labor on that one (about $800.00) but the part was free.

On the topic of weather related deterioration, the dealer replaced the "LAND ROVER" hood letters at about 36,000 miles and 30 months. I replaced the cowl trim myself at last fall at 80,000 miles. The fender flares seem to be holding up very well but the bumpers are turning gray and need an annual coat of "Forever Black" to stay presentable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM