Turn off daytime driving lights - Bi-Xenons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LR3 HSE and the Bi-Xenon lights. The Bi-Xenons turn on as soon as I put the car into gear and don't turn off until I turn the car off. The dealer told me he thinks they were programmed to always be on - as a daytime safety running light. Any trick or tip out there to turn this setting off without having to go into the dealer to connect to the computer to alter the setting? Thanks!!!!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Programmed through IDS @ dealer. Not a user selectable option. What is interesting is that US cars don't normally have this activated.

edh

Reaction score
On some company vehicles I have driven, if you apply the emerg brake 1 click, the driving lights will stay off when you start. Take the emerg brake off and the lights come on. Apply the emerg brake when the veh is running and the lights stay on.
You have to be carefull that 1 click of the emerg brake doesn't bring the brake pad into contact with the rotor. Company mechanic used to go nuts replacing brake pads untill he figured out what was happening. Then he wired in a special switch to turn them off
I know that my GM veh day lights do not come on if I start that veh with the emerg on. My 96 Land Rover Discovery does not have day running lights.
Is there a way to wire a set of daytime running lights into my disco?

Ed

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some cars have a fuse you can pull to disable that feature. I wonder if your LR3 might have that?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRL is setup through IDS. It is computer controlled, has no seperate fuse and can only be activated/deactivated through IDS.
I am curious, Why is DRL so bad? I would think it would be a bonus.
On SII it can be programmed in, and I think a relay is needed. I beleive the instructions are on DiscoWeb.
As for SI, you might find the instructions @ DiscoWeb as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM