Turning rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atlantic british---did my fronts for about $375....no need to replace the sensors if they haven't tripped

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try to get them done before the sensors are tripped.

Thanks everyone for the links.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck, have the rotors ever been changed before, are they warped?
I would suggest you get away from the old style pads and go toa high end set of ceramic pads from Akebonno, they are pretty much dust free, last longer then most OEM pads and stop better.
If you want some more information about them, send me your number and I'll call you.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck, have the rotors ever been replaced before, are they warped and shake?
Consider going to a high end set of ceramic pads by Okebonno, they last longer ,make little or no dust and out stop OEM pads. If you want more information on them, send me your number and I'll call you.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has about 357XX on it, the rotors feel fine. No vibs at all. Only reason I know it needs brakes is last time at the dealer they looked at them and said the rears are new, fronts have about 5k left, which was at 32k. Are the ceramics any louder?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DiscoMike -is Okebonno = Akebono? If so, I've run 'em on my BMW with no discernable noise. I do always use some anti-squeal paste, which may be helping....

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I spelled it wrong. Most of the better shops in Colorado use these because they are quiet an hold up well.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has about 357XX on it, the rotors feel fine. No vibs at all. Only reason I know it needs brakes is last time at the dealer they looked at them and said the rears are new, fronts have about 5k left, which was at 32k. Are the ceramics any louder?

There is no noise at all coming from mine.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into them, the OE pads make so much dust it's not even funny...

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the entire rebuild kit from British Atlantic for about $400. None of the parts were "OEM", but I haven't noticed a difference yet @ 1200 miles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM