Update on my RR 4.6 Trany replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LRMEX

Hi, I have my Rover back. My mechanic changed the trany and the car seems to run just fine. My rover has 80K miles and I was wondering if its worth it buying one of dose aftermarket extended warrantys. Does any one have one of this warrantys?
Also would like to know some pointers on how to drive my rover in order to protect it more an prevent future problems such as the one with the trany?
Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
At 80k on the vehicle you going to pay alot for a warrenty that may only cover you till 100 - 120k if you can even buy one.

As far a driving, just remember if it has fliud it needs changed, if it has grease, then grease it.

Basically change all fluids on a schedule (engine oil, transmission, transfer case, Diff's, Brake fluid, power steering, antifreeze, etc...) and grease all fittings when you change the oil. And the vehicle will last longer.

Basic maintenance is the key to a long happy vehicle life no matter what make/model it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99