upload ipod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archerchaos

Reaction score
Hello all! Just got my new lr4 and have been playing around with the controls. I can't seem to upload any music from my ipod. I was under the impression that it had this feature. I know I can upload through cd's but I would much prefer the ipod. Any thoughts or advice?

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Just got my new lr4 and have been playing around with the controls. I can't seem to upload any music from my ipod. I was under the impression that it had this feature. I know I can upload through cd's but I would much prefer the ipod. Any thoughts or advice?

What do you actually mean with "upload"? Saving music to your LR system or just "reading" your iPod thru your stereo? How do you connect your iPod to your LR? I have the 2010 with the Ipod Connection cable and it works great. I can read all playlists, songs, artists. etc. as it was the ipod.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cannot store whats on your ipod on the LR's hard drive. You can store CDs and I think they need to be original not copies due to copyright laws.

archerchaos

Reaction score
hmmm...I thought I could "save" music through the ipod rather than connecting every time...

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm...I thought I could "save" music through the ipod rather than connecting every time...

I thought the 2012 has blue tooth audio. So there is no need to connect. You can do it wirelessly. The songs on the iPod are copy righted and cannot be saved on the LR hard drive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4