using stock amp with amp integration harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

agentmilo

i bought an aftermarket deck to install in a 1998 range rover. there is a stock deck running all the speakers. i bought a wire harness and it came with an amp integration harness which has 4 rca connectors on it. i connected it to my deck and hooked up the remote wire of the stock amp to the remote from my new deck. when i turn it on there is music coming out but there is also a very loud high pitched humming sound that i cant get rid of. any suggestions?

C

csanders

this high pitched humming sound. do you hear it when the engine is running with the radio on or when the emgine is off with the radio on? If you hear it when the engine is on it sounds like you are hearing road noise or engine noise from your speakers. Check your wires and be sure everythin is connected right and make sure you have no loose or ***** wires touchin anything metal. if you hear the high pitch w/o the engine on you might want to invest in a noise filter. Plug the noise filter in the back of your radio and your amp into the noise filter. It should filter out the pitch by about 95%.

A

agentmilo

the sounds comes if the car is on or off, its not an engine sounds, just a steady high pitch. the music comes out of the speaks but so does a high pitch. as long as the radio is on. i think it has something to do with the remote wire of the stock amp. everytime i touch any kind of power to that wire it makes the noise. even if the rca wires arent hooked up.

A

agentmilo

the problem seems to be that when i try to manually turn on the stock amp using the remote wire coming off it there is some sort of feedback or interference and i get this high pitched sound on my speakers even if the deck and car are both off.

C

csanders

does the pitch get higher as you turn the volume up or does it stay the same?

A

agentmilo

the sound stays the same if the radio is on or off, or the car on or off, as long as ther is power to the stock amp it makes that sound to the speakers. when i hook up the stock deck it sounds fine, when i hookup the new deck it makes that sound. it happens when i turn on the stock amp with the remote from the deck. ive tried other ways of hooking up the remote wire from the stock amp and i still get that sound. i tried a noise filter and it did nothing. i might just try to bypass the stock amp but i cant find it. ive just been connecting the remote wire that used to be hooked up to the old deck. i drive a 1998 range rover and i looked under the passenger side glove box and kick panel and i cant find it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72