V8 Defender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a P400 owner, not sure why you would need the extra 130 HP. Maybe to blow the doors off a G-Wagon at a stoplight. 22"wheels would be useless offroad as well.

Kev M

Reaction score
As a P400 owner, not sure why you would need the extra 130 HP. Maybe to blow the doors off a G-Wagon at a stoplight. 22"wheels would be useless offroad as well.

I don't think it's about "need".

Because excess is rebellion, despite what Cake said.

SoCalPaul

Reaction score
In the spec is says 0lb roof load capacity and there doesn’t seem to be roof rails. Does this mean no expeditionrack can be ordered ?

Keith Mann

Reaction score
I also have the P400 and don’t really think I need more horses. There seems to be tremendous toque and power from the V6. I’m sure there is a market for it, but the MPG is going to be rough! Personally, I am trading my 2020 110 in for a diesel if they come out with one in the US. Not holding my breath, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kev M

Reaction score
To be clear I'm not complaining about the power on the P400.

I must confess I toyed with an STI at a light/highway entrance yesterday and it was entertaining.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the spec is says 0lb roof load capacity and there doesn’t seem to be roof rails. Does this mean no expeditionrack can be ordered ?

Yes, we think that is correct. JLR must have certified the Defender at a certain weight range and the extra weight of the V8 eliminates any roof weight capacity, at least on paper. This is being discussed on another Defender forum.

FWIW, most of the former LR4 members from this forum that now have Defenders are on this forum:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-defender-60/

This forum was so late to create a new Defender section that we all moved on before it finally appeared.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA