Various modules and fault codes, hard shifing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanfhaynes

Reaction score
The Rover has been shifting hard coming to and from a stop, as well as throwing various fault codes with what seems like every module possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have heard that maybe it might be a bad battery but I do not want to just start throwing parts at it if possible.

the only code that seems like it is legit would be the P0741 Torque Converter Clutch system performance or stuck off. The rest of the codes/faults are "lost communication with .... or voltage out of range or signal invalid

Thanks for any advice
Sean

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage, Year, Engine?

You can start with voltage shut off, and running. If the brake light switch has never been changed, change that, check brake light bulbs as well, though I suspect something else may be going on.

Any service history on the transmission?

seanfhaynes

Reaction score
Mileage, Year, Engine?

You can start with voltage shut off, and running. If the brake light switch has never been changed, change that, check brake light bulbs as well, though I suspect something else may be going on.

Any service history on the transmission?

133k 2007 4.4L v8

We don't have service history from the previous owner, Ill have to swap out the brake light switch and bulbs for good measure. I got a new battery (the original one was still in use but it did not make a difference)

I ended up taking it to the shop as I figure anything trans related I'm not going to be able to do myself :-( still waiting to hear how hard the hit on my wallet will be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM