Vibration when I take my foot OFF the gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue and facing a replacement/rebuild in the future. Curious if you hear a high pitched whine at highway or greater speeds. Mine starts at about 75 and continues to get louder as speed increases. I was told by mechanic that that was indicative of the differential going bad.

I have had the rear replaced, found metal shavings on drain plug. I am sure if I looked at the front it would be the same.
I had my rear replaced under extended warranty, I think. I forget what triggered it, I think a computer message lead them to it.

On my front, yes, it gets worse with speed and is barely noticeable around town. On the highway, I don't hear a high pitched whine. I just feel the vibration. I am kind of curious how long I have on it before it goes REAL bad.

My goal is to always keep the maintenance up so I feel confident going on long family vacations with the truck. Once I don't feel that comfort any more, the truck is up for sale!

blackadder

Reaction score
Mine has been that way for close to 40k miles. Has not gotten any worse that I can tell but it may be so slow of a progression that I don't notice. I will get fixed shortly but it runs good and is reliable. I don't want to drive cross country with it though.....

Hoam Skooled

Reaction score
i happened upon this page while typing "vibration when i let off the gas 1993 range over"... lol... directed me right here..

..i have a '93 landrover range rover "county LWB" i have had it since '07 .. it's been extremely reliable ."mechanically" .. it has its glitches and the heater blower just stopped working ..blows fuses as soon as i put one it , i think the motor is seized.. not a huge deal .. my windshield insto defrost still works..lol ..

but anyways..i have a rock tumbler noise coming from the front when i let off the gas and as i give it gas .. it stays very smooth if i keep it at a steady speed ..thought it was a u-joint, but i recently had exhaust work done and i had em look at the noise and it wasnt the u-joints he said, but he didnt look much further.. (i live in the sticks and these arent vehicle they see often around here)..lol..

it has 176k miles on it .. had 110k when i bought it .. noise seems to be worsening as i drive it..i mostly drive it in the winter and as i drive it lately the brakes pulsate .. i assumed from sitting ... but after reading these comments it appears i should look into the wheel bearings?... anyone else have other ideas that would be appreciated.. thanx muchly , steve-o

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM