Violent wheel shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is probably the case. However, my two year old could easily compress and extract the ram. So, I'm pretty sure that was at least part of the problem.
Thanks

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is probably the case. However, my two year old could easily compress and extract the ram. So, I'm pretty sure that was at least part of the problem.
Nope. It just wasn't masking the problem as well as it used to be.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you could offer some technical advice on how exactly to fix the real problem rather than criticism for our obvious ignorance. A well written technical article on the replacement of panhard bushings and swivel preload would surely help everyone.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being critical, just correcting a very common misconception that replacing or adding a steering stabilizer fixes anything. They don't, and they aren't designed to. The purpose of a steering stabilizer is to lessen the shock of impact to one wheel being transmitted to the driver, in the form of sudden spinning of the steering wheel, via the steering components. They also help in preventing sudden turning of the wheel in cases like dropping one tire off the pavement.

The factory workshop manual covers repair/adjustment in great detail.
They are available in pdf format various places around the web, or you can get them on CD from parts distributors for about $25. One source is http://www.roversnorth.com/store/c-565-books-manuals-dvds.aspx
There's always hard copy as well.

I won't post the web links because they are copywrited manuals and the ones on the web are illegal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635