Voice Recognition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some advise when it come to the Voice Recognition. It seems to only recognize what I say when ever it feels like it. No rhyme or reason. I'm just trying to firgure out how could I get consistant results out of it. I had the dealer take a look at it and they found no issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I said, very clearly "Navigation, Go Home."

To which the car replied, "Navigation, Dual Map"

Then I said, even more clearly, "Navigation, GO HOME."

To which the car replied, "Navigation, Zoom Out."

Finally...I gave up and with with absolutely no enunciation or care I said "navigation go home" (as i would talking to a real person) and it understood me!

So yeah, I can't figure it out either...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to train yourself to speak like it wants. One big mistake is to speak too loudly.

Try switching Voice Settings --> Voice Language between US English Male, US English Female and UK English. You may have different luck with the other settings. I know a few males that work better with US English Female, for example.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've actually found that the voice recognition works best if we just talk normal - when we try to speak up, it struggles.

-Rich

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I found as well, that you need to talk like you are talking to a friend/wife/etc. Normal voice with no special enunciation and it'll understand 90% of the time.

My wife has it set to the male british voice and it works for both of us pretty well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge