Rear crossover pipe screw stripped..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mywifesrangie

Reaction score
First of all, i am so gald to be here, helpful tips and well of information! When i clumsily attempted work on my wife's ride, the rear crossover pipe gave me such a headache , by the time i could get to it, somewhere somehow I found one of the bolts is longer and seems stripped. the top of the screw wont turn at all but just keep skipping my driver out. Please advise what i can do or i will have to bow down to the dealer..
20231214_122838.jpg

Attachments

• 20231214_122838.jpg
    20231214_122838.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 19

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would try is a flat bit and see if it will grab on two opposing sides of the torx bit.

If that didn’t work I would probably try to dremel a straight cut through the head and use a flat bit get it

mywifesrangie

Reaction score
Just took this one, sorry for being so messy.. i thought i was the genius to used wd40 on it too. All the other 3 are off easily, just this one.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Torx bit engaging and spinning but the bolt is not coming out? You seem to be implying that the threads are stripped, not a problem with the Torx given you've removed the three other bolts?

mywifesrangie

Reaction score
No, it won't budge. The bit slips out instead. If I try to turn it to tighten, it keeps grip, just won't budge either, but in the direction to loosen, it slips off every time. Someone suggested some anti rust spray so I'll try that.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
No, it won't budge. The bit slips out instead. If I try to turn it to tighten, it keeps grip, just won't budge either, but in the direction to loosen, it slips off every time. Someone suggested some anti rust spray so I'll try that.
Try using PB Blaster penetrating spray on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72