Waiting list for HSE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

thompson

I tired to buy an LR3 HSE model today at my local dealer ship, but the arrival date stated to me scared me off. (March!) They have over a dozen SE’s (without NAV) and it seems those aren’t flying off the lot. Plus the fact they wouldn’t move off the sticker price at all. If you only could add the NAV to an SE that didn’t have it stock you could get one now and they probably would even take some off the stickers since it seems they’re already starting to stock up on them. Anyone else looking to pull the trigger?

Here's a shot in the dark. Does anyone know when the HSE’s are going to be arriving in volume?

P

picsnow

I think about 3 weeks. They will trickle in until that point (like 3 or 5 a week) for most dealers. Sorry about the wait! Do they need a deposit? If not, just get on the list!

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should have a list of what cars they will be getting within the next few months. The Landrover dealership that I went to here in Houston, is supposed to get the most amount of LR3's and they too are running short of HSE's, i personally talked with the guy that was in charge of ordering the LR3's and he told me that he went by what he felt what ppl would buy and he just didn't order enough HSE's, he didn't think that many ppl would buy the HSE. Also, since we live in Houston, and how much it gets hot here in Houston, he didn't order many dark colored cars with the black interior, and of course my wife and I want the Bonattie grey with the black interior in the SE trim and he has nothing comeing in with that combo, so we're stuck ordering one also, and late FEB or Early march is the arrival time oh well.

S

Sloth

I just ordered an HSE on 11-20 w/ ETA end of February. The local dealership got a few additional HSE allocations starting the first build week of 2005.

M

manxman4000

I too wanted the HSE, but availablity was not great. I placed an order last week and the dealer was able to change an exisiting in house order to my spec's. I received confirmation that the latest delivery date was Feb 19th.

Phil (Brampton, Ontario)

M

mwillems

manxman4000 said:
I too wanted the HSE, but availablity was not great. I placed an order last week and the dealer was able to change an exisiting in house order to my spec's. I received confirmation that the latest delivery date was Feb 19th.
Phil (Brampton, Ontario)

Phil - they are in short supply but at Budds' Imported Cars in Oakville they found me one with a week's notice... they have two coming in next week (HSE's) and I bought one. Lucky I guess - or they wanted my business (coming from a Benz).

Mike

M

manxman4000

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. My colour spec's were according to the sales guy not usual, despite this is how it was advertised. Bonatti Grey with Beige interior.

Were you able to obtain a discount? As apparently the only way I was able to get a discount was to factory order. Not sure whether this is true, but that's what my leasing gal told me. I'm curious to know..

M

mwillems

I got a discount, but not a large one. $950 and some free hats. And I took what colour they had - silver and black - I too would have LOVED grey and beige. But the wait was too long!

S

Sloth

I was told by my stealer that they will not be discounting the price on my speced HSE. Luckily its a refundable deposit should they stick to their guns and I have to go looking elsewhere. I expect some negotiation considering the 5 they have are not flying off the showroom floor and the dealer 40 miles north of us has 10 on the lot (all SE's).

Q

quietcoolone

Wow... March? i guess i got lucky! i bought the last HSE yesterday and it was the showroom model with 20 miles on it-- I would have wanted to see it in Alverston Red, but none were available. My local dealer had about 10 vehicles on the lot, all but one was HSE in silver/ ebony black interior.
I think the silver and gray trims or lighter colors bring out the beauty and details on this vehicle, which don't stand out as much in the darker trims (black, blue).
I added some accessories (side steps, cross bars, rear mud flaps) and expect delivery on Tuesday December 28, 04.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112