Water in foot well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landy Girl

Reaction score
Hi, first time here, just joined so I hope this posts correctly! You all seem as though you know what's going on so I thought you were the group to ask. I've had my 2008 Freelander from new and never had any problems. I've driven it to mid / south France and just discovered under the front passenger rubber mat about an inch of water. I cleaned it before I left and it was all bone dry. I suspect it's something to do with the air con but what to do about it? A good local garage serviced it and changed the filters before I left, including something to do with the air con! Any ideas? The radio / cd had moisture it in too so I'm concerned to sort it before it gets worse. Any helpful comments much appreciated. Thank you.

Landy Girl

Reaction score
Hi, first time here, just joined so I hope this posts correctly! You all seem as though you know what's going on so I thought you were the group to ask. I've had my 2008 Freelander from new and never had any problems. I've driven it to mid / south France and just discovered under the front passenger rubber mat about an inch of water. I cleaned it before I left and it was all bone dry. I suspect it's something to do with the air con but what to do about it? A good local garage serviced it and changed the filters before I left, including something to do with the air con! Any ideas? The radio / cd had moisture it in too so I'm concerned to sort it before it gets worse. Any helpful comments much appreciated. Thank you.

PS I need to know if it'll get me back home, I'm still in France and would rather not break down on the motorways.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it coolant or water? Has it been raining a lot or have you been using your A/C alot.
If coolant, it is a bad heater core, if water it is either a plugged up a/c drain tube, leaking windshield seal or a leak from the sun roof.

Landy Girl

Reaction score
Thanks Mike

Travelling home tomorrow, I think it's AC related as its clean water. I've looked for AC drains but can't find them. I've jet washed the outside (few days ago) and am now noticing water dripping from in front of the doors, still not sure where from, could the jet washing have unblocked the drains? I'll pop it back to garage when I get back. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635