Water in Passenger Footwell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed a good amount of water on the floor mat the other morning. We have been getting tons of rain here in Upstate NY. I washed the truck this AM and noticed water again. I will check the sunroof drains and cowl. What’s the best way to look for the cause, a water hose?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could not see the source of the water as it flowed down the large harness from above. This am I will try compressed air through the sunroof drain tube.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I’m now suspicious of a manufacturing defect as our passenger side sunroof drain is way too short, terminating somewhere behind the large fusebox behind the lower glovebox, inside the passenger footwell. I see no alternative but to run a new drain tube, perhaps into the plenum. Will pull it out tomorrow and see what is possible.
Hard to believe we’ve lived with this for 5 years and not noticed it before now. Of course it hasn’t rained this much since 2005.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this little tube behind the air vent rubber does?
image.jpg

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, here you see the ruptured passenger-side sunroof drain that was pouring water down our wiring harness. On replacement I avoided removal of the Central Junction Box by using a scope to watch through the drain hole as I pushed the new hose down behind the CJB. After the ****** was in sight I ran a cable down the tube and grabbed the end with pliers, leading the ****** closer so I could pull it through into the air vent. I also used the 12mm Canadian push connector from Amazon to splice old and new tubes, avoiding dropping the headliner.
Let it rain!

Attachments

• B30A08DA-DFD5-461F-B46B-A9EBFE3B3540.jpeg
    B30A08DA-DFD5-461F-B46B-A9EBFE3B3540.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 42

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV