Water Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find a very small amount of water dripping off the passenger side windshield pillar. It was one drip coming through the edge of the "airbag" plastic cover. Is this something to worry about? I had left the sunroof open by accident last night, but I didn't notice any signs of rain or a wet interior. I wiped the water away and haven't seen anymore come through. I checked the outside as well for any holes or lose parts. I did feel that the exterior pillar was a bit lose at the top, but nothing major. Should I just find some sealant epoxy and feel the edges or what?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are three common leak areas.
1. Roof drains plugged (sounds your problem).
2. A pillar cover leaks (they also crack at the mounts after a few years). Replace cover and mount grommets with gaskets.
3. Plastic Cover / Cowl that meets up with Windshield warps and leaks leaving the floor wet.

LR4isStillDisco

Reaction score
NCburch22, did you ID your leak positively? I got the same leak from driver a-pillar at the airbag marker while in car wash. First time. Only a few drips. What was your fix?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72