Water leaking onto passenger floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SadLR3

Reaction score
Are you sure it is only when the AC is on or is it after a good rain?Before you get too carried away, check that the sunroof drains are not clogged, this will also cause the floors to become damp/wet.
My 2005 LR3 is soaked after every rain. How do I fix the drains?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got link to work

Yes, your link blocking over ride works - just copy and paste and remove the spaces. Well done.

At times, I just do not want to bother posting responses here due to the fuss required.

I must say it is a good link - 10 pages plus and good pictures.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also there is an A-pillar water leak issue. I ripped mine off and filled every damn hole with silicon, fixed it. Hell with that factory fix. The black A-pillar cover also has crap plastic push in contactors, one of my A-pillar cover almost blew completely off in a high cross wind. Sealing it down fixed that also.

Corsinke

Reaction score
It is also worth checking the cowl, the black plastic thing that the wiper motors go through. On the passenger side they all warp, and water can come in through the cabin air filter. Check the cabin air filter for water / wet. You can do this yourself. Drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you a link to a how to do it, if that turns out to be the problem.
Can you send me That link?
Regards, Cor

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a nice write up by tlt on another board.

http:// www. disco3. co.uk/forum/topic76762.html

Copy that, paste it, and then remove the spaces -

You can either replace the cowl or if you're cheap like me, buy a small piece of aluminum flashing and cut it to the shape you want and rivet or screw it to the intake box, to make a little roof for it. I just wedged one end under the windshield and riveted the other to the front of the box.

The link above will show you pictures of the intake box or vent that I'm talking about. It's on the passenger side and just a small corner is sticking out past the plane of the bottom of the windshield - and that's what catches the water when the cowling is warped.

twoboarders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another solution...I believe it involves creating some baffling to channel water away from the cabin filter. ...and of course you might also want to get a new cowl as well.

My cowl has only a slight warping to it....I'm just not convinced that changing it would yield better results. Would it be installed perfectly? How long until it also warps?

I had a new cowl installed a few months ago due to water leaking into the cabin filter. The first new cowl installed was warped from the factory. Dealer replaced. The second one is better yet on the passenger side I'm not convinced it is tight enough.

What is this other solution you speak of? Is it different than the links above? Might be a good safety option for me before the rainy WA winter arrives.

Last edited:

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M black electrical tape

Here is another link re replacement of the cowl.

http://www. disco3. co. uk/forum/topic76762.html

Cut and paste and remove the three extra spaces I inserted to beat the blocking.

You might also consider just taping a length of black 3M electrical tape full width of the cowl at the intersection of the top of the cowl plastic and the windscreen glass.

The strip of tape is effectively not noticeable and is a guaranteed seal at virtually no cost. For me, the tape seal lasted thru many winters and of course summers.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is also worth checking the cowl, the black plastic thing that the wiper motors go through. On the passenger side they all warp, and water can come in through the cabin air filter. Check the cabin air filter for water / wet. You can do this yourself. Drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you a link to a how to do it, if that turns out to be the problem.

My cowl bows dead center ;) The Disco 2 has it right now too!

I was about to pull it off the lr3 but this time the wipers are seized. I was going to buy one of those multi-type removers kits but thought I'd wait to find a well made one first. I don't really want to do the "pry it off with a thing" routine because I don't like scraping or breaking other things while trying to be cheap.

Have any good ideas on that?

When my lr3 was getting water there, it was the sunroof drain that had clogged and this drain dumps right behind the passenger side fender liner, probably within the body shell between the door and the fender. He pulled the A pillar trim, showed me has to modify it to allow access next time, fixed it all up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72