Water leaking onto passenger floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another link re replacement of the cowl.

http://www. disco3. co. uk/forum/topic76762.html

Cut and paste and remove the three extra spaces I inserted to beat the blocking.

You might also consider just taping a length of black 3M electrical tape full width of the cowl at the intersection of the top of the cowl plastic and the windscreen glass.

The strip of tape is effectively not noticeable and is a guaranteed seal at virtually no cost. For me, the tape seal lasted thru many winters and of course summers.

I think when it has a significant bow out in the cowl, a 3/4" wide elec tape is simply not going to hold that down against it's will to bow outward. However, I was considering an outdoor 3M double sided tape along the underside of the cowl, obviously applied with it off the vehicle, then pressed against the glass. You could trim that off with the black elec as you say.

The trouble being that when the next glass crack happens, it's a worse mess to separate the cowl from the old glass.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super 88 preferred to Super 33+

I think you will find that the 3M black vinyl electrical tape holds better than one might think. I use the Super 88 vinyl electrical tape rather than the Super 33+ type due to our cold weather up here but either type should be fine.

As to mess, that is why I specify the 3M tape. The glue from the far east produced stuff does separate from the tape and you do have a mess when the tape lets go whereas the 3M tape both holds and stays clean.

As to tricks etc, about all I can think of is to put a thick coat or layers of blanket etc on the windscreen glass area under the wiper arm that you are removing. I also do this when I am changing wiper blades. That way if I fumble the removal or install, and the arm snaps back towards the glass, the impact is taken and cushioned by the coat.

oscis

Reaction score
I used a tie rod separator to pull the wipers up. Originally bought the tool for my VW ghia - not sure about the size. Perfect tool for the job.

franklin-tools-ball-joint-separators-direct-action-ta335-2195-p.jpg

teamfalcon

Reaction score
2008 LR3 here. Front passenger side was soaking even with no rain. Removed the 'triangle' carpet area on passenger side left foot area. Unplugged the hose and about a 8 oz of water was backed up. I had a towel ready.

Grabbed a small hose that fit inside the outlet and poured water into in and blew in like crazy. After 2 or 3 times, water started coming out the drain below. Oh that sweet feeling...took 10 min.

InkedResized_20180908_120429_LI.jpg

Resized_20180908_120411.jpeg

WASHUNTON509

Reaction score
It might be the sun roof drain is plugged up. Get that dried out ASAP. There’s a YOUTUBE video to refer to in depth. Put into the search engine Land Rover sun roof drain fix (I think that’s the wording) either way it’ll direct you hopefully in the right direction. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut