Water pump replacement step by step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 is on it's third one in under 40K miles.
They replaced the first under warranty
I had to pay the next time.

JR

Wow, that's crazy.

Seems like it's just a matter of time then. But three under 40K?! That's unbelievable.

JohnR

Reaction score
The scary thing is that yesterday the check coolant light came on for a moment when I started.
That's been the indicator in the past.

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The scary thing is that yesterday the check coolant light came on for a moment when I started.
That's been the indicator in the past.

My coolant level is about an inch low. Just crossed 17K miles. I have a few minor annoyances too (drivers seat cushion moves front & back, key fob rubber coming off, mirrors creak when closing in the summer, etc). Perhaps time to bring it in.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine changed because it had a very slightly leak. My tech friend at the dealership replaced it for me under warranty and told me LR is using a new water pump that doesn't just explode when it goes, but rather is a much better design.

I can ask him for more details if you want.

Can you please get us more info on this?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, I noticed my fluid level down by over an inch. Brought it in to be checked. They said it's fine and topped it off. I hope to pick it up later today. They have had it for 3 days for that an a few other annoying things (driver seat cushion feels loose, left mirror (glass) vibrates at speed, mirrors squeak in summer, key fob rubber coming off).

kman62

Reaction score
Is the water pump issue a problem only with hte V8 engine? What about the V6 in the >2014 models?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even the newer water pumps for the V8s are better. I learned my lesson do not use cheap aftermarket pumps either... Since the V6 is nothing more than the V8 with two cylinders blanked off I imagine the pump is the same.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72