weird window and side mirror issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so on my 2013 my windows wldnt go uo for a few hours and i cldnt arm the car. randomly later in the day the windows returned to normal.

this morning the side mirror lights both illuminated and they wont go off, theyre both on at the same time. are these issues telling me my battery is on its way out?

Jomcool

Reaction score
Have you replaced your battery yet since new? I replaced the battery in my 2014 last summer. One day I was having weird issues and the next day it was completely dead. I’d suggest load testing the battery if it’s newer and replace if original.

That said, my LR4 has had some minor window issues since new. The express up and down features occasionally stop working on one side or the other. When it happens, I can make a trip to the dealer to “solve an alignment issue” and they’ll work again for a while. This was done two times under warranty but still occur to this day. Now out of warranty, I’m ignoring it. It’s not a big deal.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh i kind of thought it might be the battery but i feel like i changed it in the past cple years. the service records are at another location. thnx

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you replaced your battery yet since new? I replaced the battery in my 2014 last summer. One day I was having weird issues and the next day it was completely dead. I’d suggest load testing the battery if it’s newer and replace if original.

That said, my LR4 has had some minor window issues since new. The express up and down features occasionally stop working on one side or the other. When it happens, I can make a trip to the dealer to “solve an alignment issue” and they’ll work again for a while. This was done two times under warranty but still occur to this day. Now out of warranty, I’m ignoring it. It’s not a big deal.

Battery voltage gets low enough these dumb things forget some stuff. Sometimes you'll see your date format go back to day first like Europeans write it, or the clock will go to midnight or back to 24hr format, or the auto up/down windows stop working, etc. Have you tried to do the manual recalibration of them? You can have the window all the way up, then hold it in the up position for 30 seconds, and that might make it start working again - you have to do all 4 seperately, which is a pain in the ass, but not nearly as much of a pain as going to the dealer. Worth a shot, at least. There's a procedure for the sunroof as well, but I don't remember it. I have to do both on mine every so often because I work from home and ride my motorcycle a lot, so sometimes it sits for weeks at a time and the battery gets low enough to make things act silly.

Jomcool

Reaction score
Cool! I’ll give the window trick a try and report back.

Jomcool

Reaction score
Ok, forums are too cool! The trick worked and all windows are operating properly again. I owe ya one @BrandonM7.
The one thing I’ll add is that when holding in the up position for 30 seconds, do not hold all the way up to the express up position, just the standard up position. Worked well when I was doing it the right way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99