What did you do to your LR3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this is more like what I did with my LR3 over the last few days, but here are a few quick pictures:

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

We took a small group of Rovers on a tour of Utah this past Friday-Monday. I was leading the group, and have only downloaded pictures from my camera at this point, so I haven't found many pics of my rig in action, but it performed flawlessly through some pretty tough stuff, including Rose Garden Hill near Moab and Bobby's Hole in Canyonlands National Park. I'm happy/proud to say that we did not have a single vehicle problem over the course of 962 miles in 100 degree heat!

I'll post some more pictures, and maybe even a write up (if folks are interested) once I collect the rest of the media from my fellow travelers.

-Paul

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rack are you using?

Several years ago when I got my first LR3, there weren't many racks available (pretty much just the one from the dealer), so I made that one in the pictures. After using it for many, many miles I really wish it had a lower profile, similar to the Hannibal or Fleetrunner racks.

Side note - If anyone knows where I could get a deal on either of the racks mentioned above, let me know!

-Paul

goinsurfin

Reaction score
i added some new pinstripes to my LR3 yesterday. a group from Texas Rovers went out to Rock Creek near Lipan, TX (about 45 min west of Fort Worth). it was a good time. here is a pic with a link to the gallery. i was running the camera, so there aren't many pics of the LR3 in action. the new sliders came in handy a couple times. i'm very glad i got 'em.

http://nelsonic.smugmug.com/Other/Rock-Creek-Lipan-TX-June-6/12455688_wgvBH#892143251_ScBVu

Cbboard, very nice photos, looks like everyone enjoyed playing around out there...What type of full length rack do you have up there on the LR3? Where did you get it and is there open space for the sun roof to open all the way but yet you can walk around in other parts? can you send an image showing the top of it? Thanks.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cbboard, very nice photos, looks like everyone enjoyed playing around out there...What type of full length rack do you have up there on the LR3? Where did you get it and is there open space for the sun roof to open all the way but yet you can walk around in other parts? can you send an image showing the top of it? Thanks.

thanks man! we did have a good time.

the rack is actually the factory LR Expedition Rack and it does allow the sun roof to open all the way. the word is that they aren't making them anymore. i found mine used on craigslist fairly cheap. the rack has a "second tier" and front fairing that i removed. several others on here have done the same. the rack doesn't have a floor. it just has several cross rails. i know some guys in the UK have had aluminum cut and riveted onto it so that it does have a flat floor. i will try to find a pick of one of their racks and post it.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the LR3 to the body shop to fix the damage that Bambi did to it.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this is more like what I did with my LR3 over the last few days, but here are a few quick pictures:

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

We took a small group of Rovers on a tour of Utah this past Friday-Monday. I was leading the group, and have only downloaded pictures from my camera at this point, so I haven't found many pics of my rig in action, but it performed flawlessly through some pretty tough stuff, including Rose Garden Hill near Moab and Bobby's Hole in Canyonlands National Park. I'm happy/proud to say that we did not have a single vehicle problem over the course of 962 miles in 100 degree heat!

I'll post some more pictures, and maybe even a write up (if folks are interested) once I collect the rest of the media from my fellow travelers.

-Paul

Absolutely breath taking and very inspiring!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul, how's Bobby's Hole these days? I had read that it was scary and barely passable, then the photo's I've seen over the past two years make it look pretty tame. Certainly no more difficult than Elephant Hill. What's your opinion?

Top of the World, boring, kidney abusing trail, but killer view!

98653176_DFb7K-L-3.jpg

98653235_Gbxo7-L-3.jpg

98653157_mqavU-L-3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4