Wheel Lock nuts? Factory Repair CD? B/up camera, DVD & Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

I have just made a couple of orders for some accessories for my LR3. However, I could not find locking wheel nuts. It does not appear that the HSE has locking wheel nuts, yet I could not find them as an accessory. Any ideas?

Also, I typically purchase the Official Factory Repair/Service manual for my vehicles. I could not find that for the LR3 either. It may be to new, but I thought I would check with you guys.

I will be adding custom twin rear DVD monitors and rear backup camera that will hopefully feed the in-dash nav screen. I will be hard wiring radar detection and an XM control unit. I would love to have the wiring diagram for the LR3 for this.

First wiring will be for me to install my new LR OEM towing electrical harness. Any installation tips/tricks for this?

discothree

Reaction score
schafari said:
I will be adding custom twin rear DVD monitors and rear backup camera that will hopefully feed the in-dash nav screen.

I am also in the market for a DVD system. I was going to go with a 10"O/H Clarion unit.

Are you putting the dvd monitors on the headrests or are they mounted above?

The rear backup camera feeding the nav screen would be great too!

good luck

X

xcursion

In my region, all LR3s come standard with wheel locks. So it is available from LR. You should ask your dealer to see if they can get it. It is tough to find an off-shelve unit since LR is not a popular brand for the wheel lock mfgr.

As for the rear backup camera that feeds into the nav screen, it would be great if you can post how you did it.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can probably order locking wheel nuts from a parts importer; I don't think there is a North American part number. There probably isn't much risk of someone stealing your wheels, though... it's not like it's a high volume size.

Land Rover has pay technical info here: http://www.landrovertechinfo.com

The wiring harness is fairly easy; maybe 45 minutes? Just follow the instructions. If you've mistplaced them, http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com (that section is free).

The headrests have no room for monitors. And, the seat backs have airbags in them... not a lot of safe options. :)

There is no solution for a rear view camera on Navigation screen currently, even though the "core" system supports it. Nav-TV is supposedly coming up with an (expensive) hack. I haven't had the time to experiment.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schafari

Wow, great link thank you! I am checking it out! I have discussed the monitors in the headrests, and have partially confirmed that a small bezel custom 7" install will likely work. A back bezel will create pressure to slightly push on the sides. It is tight, but will likely be perfect. The headrests are extremely pliable in the back all around the perimeter. I will be exploring further and going to the next step which is unstiching. I plan on two Alpine 7" monitors fed by an external DVD player.

I am just starting the backup cam/nav project. It was successful in current VW/Audi prodcuts. It is also easily done in Acura/Honda products. I will be investing LR further. I heard that the Nav system is actually BMW electronics still. Not sure that makes sense, but time will tell.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, nothing is BMW. The Navigation system was designed with Denso, and the bulk of the head unit "Infotainment" stereo electronics was designed with Alpine. The amplifier and speakers are Harmon/Kardon. Trust me... nothing will be "easy." :D

FYI: There are 3 analog video inputs on the rear of the Navigation screen that you can wire up... but you can only access it via diagnostics mode. This is where hacks like Nav-TV sells come into play... Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locking Wheel Nuts. Land Rover part# VUB504120. THey've been available since September.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My list has that under Range Rover Sport, but since they are pretty much the same... I guess it should work! Silly me...

S

schafari

Actually, I just tried to order them from the dealers. No dice. They have a part number assigned, but the dealer can't even order the lug nuts as they are "frozen" and not available yet. The LR parts person said no way to get LR locking wheel nuts until it is unfrozen. This was on Monday, 12/12 in Texas, US.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VUB504120 is the correct part # for LR3, RRS and 06-up Range Rover. The only caveat (sp?) is that early '05 LR3 had black lugs, and the locking is only available in silver. As of this morning LRNA had at least 45 sets in warehouse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635