Where do you put your sunglasses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its a little less serious than the typical what the best tire question. Slow work day.

This time of year here in upsate new york sunglasses dont spend much time on my face and I havnt found a good spot for them when they are not. Im not a fan of the sunvisor clips. I have tried the cubby above the glove boxes, they slide around. Glove box seems too far away. Anybody have a solution?

Bounus question - how do I activate the headlight washers? I dont have a manual (yet)

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put them on the tray above the glove box OR back in the center console in their case. I suppose a visor mount would work but I never got around to trying that.

Headlight washers come on automatically every 7th wash or something like that. Mine seem to come on more frequently than that so there must be some other metric that comes into play based on how long it has been since you hit the wash button... Anyway, you'll notice it at night if you wash windows with the headlights on.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunglasses: they go in the cubby space in front of the shifter.

Headlamp washer: Turn on your headlights first

Last edited:

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sandwich my glasses between the roof and the visor. That works on one pair, but the other pair is sorta wedge shaped and will work themselves out falling in your lap late at night and scare ya half to death.

J.D.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sandwich my glasses between the roof and the visor. That works on one pair, but the other pair is sorta wedge shaped and will work themselves out falling in your lap late at night and scare ya half to death.

J.D.

:dito:

I sometimes have a pair (or two) wedged up there b/t the roof and visor

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ill try the between the roof and visor trick.

My lights are on auto 100% of the time, and I am 90% certain the headlights never wash. Ill try switching the headlights to "on" and see if that changes anything. Ill check some fuses (or add it to the list for the next maintenance visit).

Im still trying to get used to the washer stalk controls. I like the logic of the LR, its just that every car I have ever previously owned had the windshield wash function as pull.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the visor clips but our visors are to thick.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a nav screen, so I put my sunglasses and wallet in the cubby above the radio. Worked perfect for me. Also kept my SPOT there when I carried it along with me.

626685015_AVPUM-L.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ill try the between the roof and visor trick.

My lights are on auto 100% of the time, and I am 90% certain the headlights never wash. Ill try switching the headlights to "on" and see if that changes anything. Ill check some fuses (or add it to the list for the next maintenance visit).

Im still trying to get used to the washer stalk controls. I like the logic of the LR, its just that every car I have ever previously owned had the windshield wash function as pull.

I don't think it has anything to do with your headlights being on. That is just the time you can see it happening because you see the spray shadow. But if in doubt, sure, leave them on...

Wash your windows 7 times in a row and have someone standing in front of your truck. On one of those times they should see the headlight washers spray.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99