Which code reader to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the latest Atlantic British catalog today. They are selling their own code reader. It looks like it can do programming as well. Price was pretty steep, close to $2k. It's more of a square shaped device, unlike the rectangular Faultmate, but the text in the display makes me think it is a rebadged Faultmate.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a little more experience with AE and I can say that it only does General Drivetrain stuff, unless there are different packages you can buy... I could not get a code for a suspension fault.

J.D.

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
I recently bought an app for my iPad that was 100$. 50 for the program and 50 for the ipad to obd II cord. Worked great with my Jetta, thankfully havn't had to use it yet on the LR3. It's called Dash Command. It also monitors other engine functions as well as diagnostics.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Faultmate is more than $500 cheaper; I purchased an MSV2 a few months ago. The Atlantic British one looks like a rebadged Faultmate to me, which makes me wonder why the big markup in price. One seeming difference is that the AB reader is for multi-vehicle use, whereas the BBS is single or multi-vehicle depending on price, the multi-vehicle license being more expensive.

Trynian

Reaction score
Something doesn't look right to me so it is hard to say. There is an * next to programming that says system coverage varies by make. The coverage tab does not give specifics to any programming abilities. I am in doubt that one could do the things really needed that FM can do for less.

kodiakdragon

Reaction score
AutoEnginuity

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it appears that AutoEnginuity now offers an enhanced option that allows some resetting of codes. Substantially less expensive than a Faultmate. Has anyone used this?

Landroverja

Reaction score
Buy the launch

We use the launch scan tool. It does pretty much everything on my truck and it's not only for land rover so it has a lot of other uses

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM