Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW 550GT

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • BMW X6

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah shoot I forgot about that pack, but that's just an ECU factory mod. Still same engine, not the modified N63TU one. Either way they're beasts, I've driven BMWs powered by both aplenty, both on and off track. :biggrin:

The 8 cyl is overkill on what is needed. If I keep the X5 (with the 6cyl) I will add the MPPK and Dinan stage 1 which will boost the HP and torque into a very respectable range and drop the 0-60 into a nice quick range. This will keep the cost down and reliability of the 6cyl.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 8 cyl is overkill on what is needed. If I keep the X5 (with the 6cyl) I will add the MPPK and Dinan stage 1 which will boost the HP and torque into a very respectable range and drop the 0-60 into a nice quick range. This will keep the cost down and reliability of the 6cyl.

Yea, the MPKK and D1 tune is pretty damn impressive numbers for the 6cyl. Unbeatable value for money.

That said, you can also get a cheap ($3k) Dinan tune on the V8s for even higher gains. For the 2011-2013 50i, you can get 495hp and a monsterous 580lb/ft of torque.

I have to say, I love the warranty coverage with Dinan. Worth the extra $.

Anyway, yea.. slightly off topic. I still say a X5 or X6 gets my vote. I love my LR4, but if you aren't off-roading the thing, you are really sacrificing a ton of on-road abilities for nothing.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wise choice, owners with the MPPK are unanimously happy with it.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, yea.. slightly off topic. I still say a X5 or X6 gets my vote. I love my LR4, but if you aren't off-roading the thing, you are really sacrificing a ton of on-road abilities for nothing.

Better style, seating position, ambiance (subjective), resale value, proper 3rd row, bigger boot in general, air suspension that allows you to go up n down...etc.

I wouldn't say for nothing ;)

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Also way more character (X5 is a great machine but let's face it...):cool:

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better style, seating position, ambiance (subjective), resale value, proper 3rd row, bigger boot in general, air suspension that allows you to go up n down...etc.

I wouldn't say for nothing ;)

I agree with all said there. Love the air suspension - something I miss from my Grand Cherokee. My biggest hang-up on leaving the X5 is the electronics. I have grown to love the iDrive. The LR4 is not as bad as reviews rip on it but is definitely a step down from the iDrive.

I will not miss the speed because I have come from slower SUV's in the past and the LR4 is not supposed to be a good handling sports car. The X5's expectations make me want to be faster and handle better.

As far as off-roading. There will be o rock crawling but will go camping, forest roads, mud, water, etc. Just nothing that will damage the vehicle (I will use it for business).

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Also way more character (X5 is a great machine but let's face it...):cool:

you are on a roll

It definitely has more character. I think it is a fun vehicle to drive. Like our Wrangler - it is hard to have a bad day driving it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99