Which side mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrytl

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently got my first LR, a 2011 LR4. I noticed there's a pretty big crack in the bottom of the passenger-side mirror (the black plastic piece that's not painted the same color as the car).

Is it possible to get just this piece or do I have to purchase an entirely new side-mirror? All the parts websites seem to sell the whole mirror assembly for around $200-400. Also, it looks like there are 3 different types:

heated
heated, power close
heated, power close, memory

How do I confirm which I have? I have the base LR4, so I'm assuming, it's just the heated version, right?

I'll try to take a picture in the next day or two.

Thanks,
-Troy

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently got my first LR, a 2011 LR4. I noticed there's a pretty big crack in the bottom of the passenger-side mirror (the black plastic piece that's not painted the same color as the car).

Is it possible to get just this piece or do I have to purchase an entirely new side-mirror? All the parts websites seem to sell the whole mirror assembly for around $200-400. Also, it looks like there are 3 different types:

heated
heated, power close
heated, power close, memory

How do I confirm which I have? I have the base LR4, so I'm assuming, it's just the heated version, right?

I'll try to take a picture in the next day or two.

Thanks,
-Troy

If you have power close, there are two buttons ahead of the power window buttons that will allow you to fold the mirrors toward the vehicle or unfold them by pressing both buttons at the same time and holding for about a second. Doing that again will also unfold the mirrors for normal driving.

Pressing the door lock or unlock button on the remote or the lock/unlock button on the outside of the door will also fold or unfold the mirrors if you have the power folding mirror option.

The memory function is only available if you have the memory seats. Thst is shown next to the lock and unlock buttons on the inside of the drivers door. There will be 4 extra buttons, marked 1,2,3 and M. This allows the seats, steering wheel and the mirrors to reset to up to three drivers individualized stylized positions when they press their numbered pre-configured settings button.

Check around at the parts houses for the type mirror housing you need, perhaps on eBay or ? If you have just the base model with no power folding mirrors, it should be simple to find the part needed.

mchenrytl

Reaction score
Thanks, looks like mine are just the normal ones that are only heated.

joyce

Reaction score
i recently backed out of my garage and cracked that piece in exactly the same place you mention. when i brought it to the dealer for a repair estimate, the part was 200-400 and the labor was 700. apparently the entire motor assembly has to be purchased.

mchenrytl

Reaction score
For those interested, here's the damage that I mentioned on the passenger side.

Thanks,
-Troy

Attachments

• IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member