windows,mirrors and sunroof dont work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Losbadgt

Reaction score
hello everyone, well like the tittle says i have a dilemma, i have a 97 range rover 4.0 and not so long ago my battery died cause i really never drive it, so i called my insurance to get a tow truck which i did and they jump start the range and everything was fine, then one day i decided to drive it and my dash said to set my windows and sunroof, so i tried the 5 sec up and down thing and nothing, then took it to a local land rover shop and they told me i needed a whole new computer and to reprogram to my rover, the cost of all this is $2k and since i don't really trust any mechanic i decided to do more research, and i notice many people have this issue and that if all the fuses and relays check out ok then the switch board in the center console can go bad, so i took it apart and first thing i notice it was really dirty so i clean it and try to reset and nothing, then i tested the voltage the whole board seems to get voltage.
now since i'm no except on electrical work, can the board be bad even though i get voltage on all the solder parts? and in some other parts of this bcm board? do i really need a whole new computer? thanks in advance

Losbadgt

Reaction score
here is a pic of the bcm board

Attachments

• pcm1.jpg
    pcm1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 43

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for you issue posting, the board software complains when new members post pictures.

Is your battery fully charged?

Losbadgt

Reaction score
Sorry for you issue posting, the board software complains when new members post pictures.

Is your battery fully charged?

Yes it's a brand new battery. Also I just got my alternator rebuilt.

dnssandbox

Reaction score
You do not need a new computer and nothing needs to be reprogrammed. Your problem has nothing to with the computer or a fully charged battery - Although, I am almost positive your issue began when the battery died and was jumped - that's how mine came to be and from reading from others who had the issue; their post usually begins with a dead battery.
The switch pack is bad (even though it is getting voltage). Look on ebay, you can get one for about $75.
I along with many others have traveled this road before. I had also come across a post somewhere (Don't remember which Forum) - that had the steps to actually fix the switch pack instead of replacing it.

Losbadgt

Reaction score
You do not need a new computer and nothing needs to be reprogrammed. Your problem has nothing to with the computer or a fully charged battery - Although, I am almost positive your issue began when the battery died and was jumped - that's how mine came to be and from reading from others who had the issue; their post usually begins with a dead battery.
The switch pack is bad (even though it is getting voltage). Look on ebay, you can get one for about $75.
I along with many others have traveled this road before. I had also come across a post somewhere (Don't remember which Forum) - that had the steps to actually fix the switch pack instead of replacing it.

Thanks so much that's the kind of answer I been looking for. I haven't had time lately to fallow up with the problem but now I will just go ahead and order a switch pack. Once again thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4