Wipers on a D2??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qadhafi

Reaction score
So maybe it's just me (and it probably is) but I'm having a heck of a time finding replacement wiper blades. Everything is too wide to fit into my wiper arm.

Anybody got any advice? I'm dying here and every parts store says the same part #. I've been though three sets that won't fit and I'm starting to get mad. :mad:

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are DII's and DI's wiperblades the same? I just picked up some bosch blades at autozone for my DI. I think the fronts were 18" long and the rear was 14" or so.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derek - eh? I think they are usual things that you can catch in any store, unless you really really like to replace rubber only. At least i been swapping them between XTerra and D1 constantly at some point (never could remember size).

However i'd suggest to try PIAA ones :) Those things rocks. Pity they cost more too :)

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
hello :hello:
I have been to Wal-Mart and picked up replacement rubber blades (just the rubber), I can’t remember the name but I will try to find out again, they were very cheep round 5bucks. It is ridiculous how LR can charge 25bucks each for wiper!
You’ll need a razor blade, pliers and about 10mins for each blade.
I took apart the LR wiper housing and slid the old rubber out measured the length of the old rubber and cut the new rubber to match, (remember to look where the little metal inserts slot in so you can put them into the new rubber) then just slide the new rubber back into place. You will need pliers to open the clamps that hold the rubber blades. When you’re done sliding the new rubber in make sure u clamp the blades closed again or else the rubber slides out slowly while you are using them, guess how I know that. :biggrin:

C

ChrisV

I bought whatever AutoZone had and just used the rubber. I did have to adjust the little metal feet that held the rubber a bit. It looks like they bend them slightly at the factory to hold better. I just pinched them back at the end feet a bit to hold the rubber and still allow the arms to flex.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the blades with the replacement arms. Cost about 21 for all three and a sinch to replace, took no time at all.

C

Cozmo

I'm embarassed to admit I went the expensive route and got the winter blade kit from Rovers North. I havn't had any problems since.

qadhafi

Reaction score
The D2 blades are really really narrow. All the replacement blades that i could find (Wal-Mart, Advance, Auto Zone, and O'Reilly's) were a few milimeters too wide to fit into the wiper arm.

Finally a guy at Advance hooked them up using some narrow blades and even put them in my factory wiper blades. I'll take pictures of the difference if I get time tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM