Wonky bits after disconnecting my battery...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, I disconnected my battery to add a trickle charger plug to the battery and now I'm getting the low battery warning and the auto-up feature for the power windows stopped working. I assume all related. Even though it was just disconnected momentarily, do I still need to go to my IID tool and set it up as a new battery or will it just clear itself out over time? Everything is tight, everything is where it should be, nothing else has changed. I used a quick scan tool (not my IID) to see if there were any faults and zero faults. Thanks.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto-up is normal any time you disconnect. Just reset the windows. Can't speak to the low battery warning. It's possible it's a coincidence and your battery really is low?

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auto-up is normal any time you disconnect. Just reset the windows. Can't speak to the low battery warning. It's possible it's a coincidence and your battery really is low?
I suppose it could be a coincidence but that battery isn't that old. It's a Jaguar/Land Rover dealer installed AGM from about 3 years ago so I suppose it could. As for the auto up window program, you mean through the scanner?

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold the open button until the window is at the bottom of travel.
Hold the close button until it closes fully.
Release
Hold close button until you hear a click.
This should reset the auto function. If it does go through the other 3 windows and the sunroof.
It’s in the owners manual as well if you get stuck.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah yes. the dreaded manual. That would help I suppose. Thanks again!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it could be a coincidence but that battery isn't that old. It's a Jaguar/Land Rover dealer installed AGM from about 3 years ago so I suppose it could. As for the auto up window program, you mean through the scanner?

In the LR4 world, 3 years certainly isn't young. I think the original batteries in these lasted 2.5 years for most people.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from German cars, there's not much from a cost perspective British cars can shock me with. It's just a different set of issues I have to get used to. I've grown accustomed to many of the same things even between marques such as Mercedes/BMW/Audi but with this Land Rover it's always something different. Mostly electrical in nature despite the old stereotype from years ago of Lucas Electronics and the fact that they've moved far away from it. :)

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 years is ready for immediate replacement. I would move on that one!
All my "wonky" bits seemed to clear themselves out but I am going to replace the battery anyway. I'm slowly finding out if something pops up as an error or a CEL comes on just give it a couple days and it will go away. :)

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
It's very possible that your IIDTool (like mine) will not have the proper battery listed when you do the battery reset.
Just choose the closest/best fit.

And yes, my LR4 was unhappy at first, but after "thinking about" the new battery overnight, all the codes cleared - all my themselves.
Go figure...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut