Yet another PTI question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveleuer

Reaction score
I am a new 06 LR3 owner. I love it after just 2 weeks.
It is equipped with PTI. Have read many, many posts about phone cradle/bluetooth issues. My local dealership parts department faxed me the last bulletin regarding cradles. Within the bulletin it said the Sony T610 would work in the cradle as well as via BT. It also showed that the cradle that fit this model was XVE500020 or XVE500021 with a sub-listing of CR-9. I asked them to ship me one. They sent the CR-3, which works with all the Nokia phones. I know Nokia designed the system. The dealership told me this was the only one available. My real question is,..Was the CR-9 cradle ever made? If so does anyone know where I could buy it?

P.S. Just read on another forum that the PTI will have phonebook capabilities in 2008. Hopefully if I can't find the cradle I can get a software upgrade to load the phonebook on the vehicle.

U

umbertob

That cradle was never really available from US dealers, I know that a guy with a Sony Ericsson phone and a Sport was eventually able to get one from a Land Rover dealer in the UK since the US dealer was not able to get it for him. But this was over a year ago, and even back then there was talk of that cradle being discontinued... I am surprised US dealers still have that part # in their books. Anyway, check out these threads from rrsport.co.uk, if you still want to pursue that cradle:
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic905.html?highlight=
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic1111.html?highlight=

Regarding the PTI capabilities of 2008s, I assume they will adopt the system in use on the new Freelander/LR2, which appears to be much more user friendly, no more silly cradles and much better Bluetooth interface (phonebook transfer, etc.) But I think it will take a lot more than a software upgrade to get that retrofitted on our cars. The module, interface, everything is completely different compared to our "ancient" Nokia module.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM