Driver's Side Rear Cargo Compartment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth Kahan

Reaction score
That is strange that yours is almost ineffective as I have a 08 sport with the Logic 7 and speaker in the tailgate and if I turn up the Sub the booming can sound more like some of those after market systems that rattle sheet metal.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I cracked the compartment open to look at mine and there was a wire dangling...I don't see anywhere it may plug into. I have a 2015 lux, any ideas what that is or where it may go?
20170831_173106.jpg
20170831_173106.jpg

20170831_173056.jpg

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
So I cracked the compartment open to look at mine and there was a wire dangling...I don't see anywhere it may plug into. I have a 2015 lux, any ideas what that is or where it may go?

I believe that's for the trailer harness.

If anyone decides to "dynomat" your tailgate, you'll get a better response from your subwoofer. I only did it, because I had a roll left over from my other audio project and I was doing this http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...IRED-UPGRADE-Prevent-Rear-Door-Failure-for-25.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in retrofitting the pieces (foam block, strap, anything else?) in my 2010 LR4. Anyone have the part numbers, or know where to find them in Microcat? Also would be nice to know if this is even possible?

Google, bruh -- the hitch storage stuff is an optional accessory. http://www.britishpartsofutah.com/Range-Rover-Sport-LR3-LR4-Tow-Hitch-LR020002-p/rc20002.htm -- that's too much money for me to pay for a foam block, so I keep mine wrapped in an old towel in the little cubby with a door just above that area. All of the stuff in there is rear A/C hardware, so don't just toss the hitch in that hole without some manner of support.

Sorry to hear, but at least it's not just me! I haven't heard anyone else confirm this bug until you. It's an annoyance I have just learned to live with.

Mine does this, too.

So I cracked the compartment open to look at mine and there was a wire dangling...I don't see anywhere it may plug into. I have a 2015 lux, any ideas what that is or where it may go? View attachment 7415 View attachment 7415

View attachment 7416

That should be attached to something just to keep it from banging around in that space. There are blank plugs in the area to hold it in place so it doesn't flop around. It isn't a functional problem, so don't be worried that it's hanging loose. The blanks are just to keep it from making noise when you go over bumps and stuff.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should be attached to something just to keep it from banging around in that space. There are blank plugs in the area to hold it in place so it doesn't flop around. It isn't a functional problem, so don't be worried that it's hanging loose. The blanks are just to keep it from making noise when you go over bumps and stuff.

Thank you @BrandonM7

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google, bruh -- the hitch storage stuff is an optional accessory. http://www.britishpartsofutah.com/Range-Rover-Sport-LR3-LR4-Tow-Hitch-LR020002-p/rc20002.htm -- that's too much money for me to pay for a foam block, so I keep mine wrapped in an old towel in the little cubby with a door just above that area. ....
Oooooh, I've always wanted one of those, but I agree. Not worth $170. I jut keep it in the hitch and take it out every few months to grease. My plastic compartments are filled with other odds and ends.

I wish there was a nice place to store jumper cables and a tow strap. I have flares stuffed in the right rear side compartment. I used to be able to jam cables in the upper rear compartments on the LR3 (which had two full size compartments). But with the LR4 having only one large compartment and one half size, I'm limited.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooooh, I've always wanted one of those, but I agree. Not worth $170. I jut keep it in the hitch and take it out every few months to grease. My plastic compartments are filled with other odds and ends.

I wish there was a nice place to store jumper cables and a tow strap. I have flares stuffed in the right rear side compartment. I used to be able to jam cables in the upper rear compartments on the LR3 (which had two full size compartments). But with the LR4 having only one large compartment and one half size, I'm limited.

Pop the third row seat and store under them at the rear towards the tailgate. There is space for flat items.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pop the third row seat and store under them at the rear towards the tailgate. There is space for flat items.
...problem is, I need to get to it when the truck is loaded up for fun. And to pop the seats, you pretty much need to unload the back.

I do keep my center headrest down there which I popped out as soon as I got the car! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM