Lug nut covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, sounds like you have had to do that before. Guess the Steinlager didn't do the trick.....So you're suggesting I call Costco central, rather than give the local a chance to take care of it. On second thought, I will do that, considering what they first told me ("We don't work on Land Rovers"). This is the last time I get tires at Costco, the money savings is not work this grief

D

discomike

Summer,
The other thing you can do, is to ask the store for one of their customer claims forms, fill it out and they will have someone contact you. I did this once for a problem I had with one of their products and they had a check to me, for the damages, within a couple of days.
Don't tear their heads off, just let them know what has happened and they should work with you. You might even suggest to them that you want to take your truck to the dealer and have an inspection and whatever repairs done at the dealer and have Costco send you a check.
Good luck,
Mike j.

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, took your suggestions. I complained to local Costco first, they said no problem, get it fixed, and bring in the bill. I'll be verifying it with the 800 number before I order new lug nuts (probably from Atlantic British). I went to a local tire & brake shop that has been very helpful in the past, and the counter guy knew all about LR's, he used to work on them, and what I needed to do... he tried a 1 1/8 6 point socket and it worked fine. He didn't even charge me, and wrote out some directions, and even included his home phone number (!). Anyway, once I got the lug nuts off, the rest of the brake job was a piece of cake. Thanks again for your help and posts.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say this: I highly doubt the counter guy would've given me his home phone number!

:biggrin:

Good job getting the problem taken care of -- and good luck with Costco!

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Costco but Sam's DOES NOT balance the tires they put on. I wouldn't trust either place for my tires, maybe a battry or beef jerky but not tires.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark - they do, if you threaten with physical violence :)

Ernie O

Reaction score
Lug Nut damage

I am new to this Disco Site, I jut rounded off one of lugs on the Disco II. Now how do I get this blasted lug off. Oh, by the way I took off the cover, had to damage it to get to the actual lug. This is crazy.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First the "cover" shouldn't be removed.. but now that you have taken it off you just need to find a socket that fits as closely as possible to remove the lugs.

Ernie O

Reaction score
The covers had to be taken off because they were spinning freely. Thus the 27mm socket was not making contact with the lug. After I pulled them off it was apparent that the top half of the lug was rounded off. The solution was to put a 26 mm socket on the exposed lug and losen it. However, that worked great on one of the lugs that had not rounded completely. So I hammered a 1 inch socket on the rounded lug and it came of beautifuly. What is interesting is that the exposed lug is hollow, thus allowing you to spray WD-40 directly on the stud to losen it. Can't believe no on has come up with a better lug that is not cover. What a piece of work this SUV is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72