MT/R 19 finally here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz, is the rubbing in the rear well you mention with the Discoverers?

...and you are NOT running any kind of lift, right?

It's amazing that the offset of my rims would matter so much that I'd get slight rubbing and nobody else would. I mean we're talking millimeters (of offset) here! Note that the rubbing up front I mention is pretty much only in Access mode; not offroad height.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I'm running the Zeons (285/60/18). Sorry for any confusion. And no I don't have any kind of lift (yet). No rubbing up front, only slightly in back.
Here's a pic.
DSC_0139.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting; nice pic! I run the same tires and haven't had rubbing in the back, only in the front....maybe I just haven't been compressed enough!

So, what about the Discoverers? Any rubbing at all with those? Same as the Zeons? I would assume so since they're taller...but they're also skinnier so maybe that helps.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only guy I know of who has experience with running these is Adam from
Offroving.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes; and he chimed in on another post with information similar to that provided by Boaz. I'm going to test-fit the 32" GY Tires sometime in the next week. If they fit, great. I will sell my Coopers and put the MT/Rs on my 18" rims. If they don't fit (nicely) then I'll get them in the 255/55R19 size and sell both my Coopers AND my 18" rims and pick up a set of 19s.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for giving this a go Houm. Look forward to reading how they fit. Don't forget
pics!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to thank me! I'm excited about it.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General Grabber AT2 285/65
Anyone running these?

BCNV

Reaction score
I just had the 255/55/19 MT/R's installed through Discount Tire. They had to special order them, and it took a week. I can honestly say they are not as loud as I expected. In-Fact I would say they are as loud as the original wranglers that were on there. (Although that is not saying much)

All the guys at Discount recommend that I rotate them every 3,000 miles. Since they are right down the street, and they do it for free, it will not be a problem. I drive 3,000 miles a month, so I will keep you guys updated on how they wear.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a TON of miles! Yes, please do let us know how they wear. I have read (reviews) that if you want decent life out of these suckers, you gotta keep 'em rotated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo