NAV8 vs SCV6 Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^No, but there are marketing materials showing the difference in torque curves. One is a mountain shape, the other is a plateau shape. My real-world comparison is from lining up an '11 LR4 and a '14 LR4 side by side and doing pulls. I'd be open to accepting Paypal donations to help fund the cost of running each LR4 on a dyno on the same day. :)

Sad thing that a Dyno can be manipulated to show what the user wants to see. Especially your simulation....lol

I'm more interested in a real life towing experiment of say 7000 lbs.

I have owned three LR's so far and may be moving on from Land Rover, unfortunate because I love my12. I am terrified to own an out of warranty LR4.

Last edited:

..mg..

Reaction score
Wasn't my simulation. www.automobile-catalog.com. And why would I manipulate it? Who cares? I have no dog in this fight.

And only shady shops manipulate a dyno (ie. 360WHP+ stock turbo Subaru STI's) and only suckers believe inflated numbers. Everyone likes to justify what they have in their driveway following a new MY release though, puts a smile on my face.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I care..... Going to be making a decision soon as I like to get a new family/tow rig every two years.

My TJ does the majority of the work commute.

So I want a killer family rig that can tow and this fits the bill for another year or now maybe longer.

Just snapped this while replying back....;)

zeda3e2u.jpg

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^No, but there are marketing materials showing the difference in torque curves. One is a mountain shape, the other is a plateau shape. My real-world comparison is from lining up an '11 LR4 and a '14 LR4 side by side and doing pulls. I'd be open to accepting Paypal donations to help fund the cost of running each LR4 on a dyno on the same day. :)

I am in. Would the dyno be awd compatible? Any other caveats?

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice too bad the diesel is not an option here:(

yeah too bad.

Not so great 0-60 times though for the diesel. But I wonder how it would feel during every day driving around town or on the freeway.

Also, the top speed is limited to 112 mph i think. Not that I recommend it, but with such a smooth ride, I dont feel or notice much trouble getting my truck to 90 or more when in need once in a while. My LR3 felt even more planted at those speeds. So yeah I'd like to have higher threshold as far as top speed limit, just for comfort of knowing that its there if needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM