Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen! I'm absolutely stoked with this new tire setup. It's a perfect balance between civilized and aggressive. Can't wait to put them to the test out on the trails around Telluride in a week or so.

By the way, @El Solis , thanks for informing me about the GOE rods—very interesting product! Had Johnson Rods had a 1-1.5" option, I might've gone that route, but instead I may need to look into GOEs.

Do these size tires rub anywhere when you turn?
They do rub in certain situations, but only very slightly. Nothing alarmingly bad. I am getting an alignment done tomorrow, and we're going to see if we can get everything dialed in to eliminate (or lessen) the rubbing. I will update after it's been done to let you know if anything has improved.

Last edited:

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any rubbing issues. I like the GOE rods bc you can keep stock height until you need the extra lift. As our LR4 is my wife's DD she didn't want the lift. They really are easy to change over, taking only a few minutes total. When I went to Oregon I could maintain stock height for the long highway drive and then when into lift mode when we hit the dirt. It was nice [emoji106]

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Bear Pass

Just got back from Colorado. Gorgeous passes. This is the summit of Black Bear.

img_4357.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous! You have more hutzpah than I do - you and those who have done Black Bear. I'm not a shelf road person and that is a very serious shelf road. I saw a video this week from the dash cam of a Jeep that rolled on Black Bear.

That said, this is an awesome view and a great looking truck!

Georgemera1

Reaction score
I have the 20" wheels on my car, what will be the widest I can go with the nito grapplers G2 with out making any change to my car. 265/50 R 20 will be Ok?

Thanks in advance,

George.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DonMitsu which wheels and Tyres are you running?

I'm trying to ditch my 19" for 18".

Cheers

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DonMitsu which wheels and Tyres are you running?

I'm trying to ditch my 19" for 18".

Cheers

I switched to Compomotive PD1881 18" wheels and love them. They open up a whole new world of tire choices without needing spacers. I mounted 265/65R18 BFG All Terrain TA K02 tires and have been extremely happy with road, mud, dirt, rock and every other surface performance. It is the best tire I've ever had at making the transition with good traction and quiet ride on the road to great off road performance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM