04 land rover discovery low oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atmalik

Reaction score
hi
i posted a here a couple of months back about my disco having a low oil pressure and the mechanic took me 2100 $ and the problem is still there i m goin to the mechanic school my self so i took my truch there and started ripping through the enigne first things first my oil pressure a cold idle was 12 psi and @ 2000 rpms was 30 with 20w50 oil and at operating temps it dropped down to 2 at idle and 20 @ 2000 rpms
when i got the oil pan off there was a peice of metal that didn't belong in the engine was found in the pan and the was a lot of traces of silicon on the pick up tube orings the main bearings look were just replaced and so were the rods and they r with in specs
after that i got the front cover of and started goin through the pump gears and they look fine for the amount of miles they have the was no groving or scaring on them got hte pressure relief valve out as well it looks ok and the other spring but thats wat we don't understand why is it there and if it is there shoud be having another valve or wat so still stuck on that and trying to figure that out and where is my pressure goin any input will be deeply appreciated
thank you for your time
ammar malik

atancreti

Reaction score
Ive been through this. Sometimes the oil pump goes out without having scaring and show of use on it. Mine looked like new but I had just about the same amount of psi with my old one. The new one I have gives me 43 at 2000 rpm and 20 at idle. :D But my lifter ticks.... Only one and I have replaced it along with push rods and rocker shaft. Don't know what else to do but just let the beast tick and call it a ticking heart! :) Hope this helps.

atmalik

Reaction score
Ive been through this. Sometimes the oil pump goes out without having scaring and show of use on it. Mine looked like new but I had just about the same amount of psi with my old one. The new one I have gives me 43 at 2000 rpm and 20 at idle. :D But my lifter ticks.... Only one and I have replaced it along with push rods and rocker shaft. Don't know what else to do but just let the beast tick and call it a ticking heart! :) Hope this helps.

ya i finally had the intake of and had a good look at my cam its showing signs of wear that means the cam bearings are shot as well so i m lookin to completely rebuilt the whole motor that tick you r hearing might be your cam bearings thank for the info will update u once i start stripping the motor down

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM