05- LR3 ->Water leakage after drive thru Car wash & Sunroof remote will not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olatej1

Reaction score
Original Owner LR3 -05 SE. 46000miles, Noticed water drops on the floor mat in the front passenger foot area (only) after any drive through a Car wash. Dealer states Drain channel clogged/worn out by high powered jets at wash and since replaced/fixed twice (warranty). Issue has reoccurred again. Has anyone experienced this problem? Also I just noticed a new problem, now the Moon Roof remote switch does not work. Noticed in one of my old repair logs that dealer had re-spliced some wires that were corroded to fix an issue in the past when some remote was not working. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a known issue, if it is under warranty maybe, the dealer would sort it for you if that's the case.

The common problem is plugged or kinked roof drain. The switch you talk about will pop out, and you can tilt it to drain and dry.

If you plan to fix it yourself, you can follow these step by step instructions CAREFULLY, with pictures, etc. http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic22757.html

good luck

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other area that water can enter is through the windshield wiper cowl. With time, the black plastic piece begins to warp and pull away from the windshield, allowing water to seep in. Underneath the cowl is the fresh air intake, which now brilliantly doubles as a water scoop. You can verify if this is the path of water entry by removing your cabin air filter and feeling if it is damp after the next car wash. Do a forum search and you will see the possible home remedies that people have come with to correct this problem.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point hell pie, I replaced the drivers side one. I suspect some of the clips were broken during dealer servicing, etc. Best price I found for the easily user installable parts:

I made the mistake of buying this at the dealer when in for routine service, they charged me 107.00 for one. As you can see they are cheaper.

In illustration (side molding left and right)
http://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...6260&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

olatej1

Reaction score
Thank you, truck no longer under warranty. i will try the remedies suggested and advise. I saw in some thread here that " I just reset my sunroof the other day, with the key in position 1, hold the sunroof close button for 30 seconds roof resets and starts working".

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, truck no longer under warranty. i will try the remedies suggested and advise. I saw in some thread here that " I just reset my sunroof the other day, with the key in position 1, hold the sunroof close button for 30 seconds roof resets and starts working".

my sunroof just backed up to open position this morning and button doesn't do anything . . . what was that thread you found?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A different piece

Good point hell pie, I replaced the drivers side one. I suspect some of the clips were broken during dealer servicing, etc. Best price I found for the easily user installable parts:

I made the mistake of buying this at the dealer when in for routine service, they charged me 107.00 for one. As you can see they are cheaper.

In illustration (side molding left and right)
http://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...6260&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

tlt, just to clarify, I am referring to this piece here:

http://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...6275&callout=1&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

It is the long plastic cover that the windshield wipers attach to. There is no driver or passenger side, as it spans the width of the windshield.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected, thanks for the info, I will check mine.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue here on my '07! The culprit was the Windscreen cowl that had warped and allowed water to run directly into the AC/Heater blower fan! :mad:

Here's the fix!
My LR dealer replaced the Windscreen cowl , replaced the cabin filter since it was soaked and sealed the Windscreen cowl to the windscreen with Automotive silicone/adhesive.

It is a poor design to say the least! You would think a "Go anywhere" vehicle would not leak water on your toes!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99