06 HSE battery discharge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ747

Reaction score
I recently replaced the battery in my 06 HSE and now the new battery needs a jump start after sitting idle for 4 days. I've noticed a few times looking outside at the HSE and the lights are blinking. This must be what's draining my battery? There's nothing in the manual about the lights blinking for no apparent reason. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, as my wife starts it everyday to make sure the battery does not die and I'm out another $200.

Russ747

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the accessory lights on front corner panels that flash along with the turn signals. My wife went out a day after I left town to start it and it was dead. No remote unlock, etc. It's very frustrating. I hope the battery will charge after being gone 3 weeks.

jaylon

Reaction score
that’s a toughie... maybe find the fuse and pull it until you can diagnose it properly as a start

If I remember correctly, the accessory lights on front corner panels that flash along with the turn signals. My wife went out a day after I left town to start it and it was dead. No remote unlock, etc. It's very frustrating. I hope the battery will charge after being gone 3 weeks.

fixes

Reaction score
battery flattening overnight

This might help.....I'm having a similar problem; after a break-in, my door handle mounting was damaged. Researching all the sites suggested mis-alignment or corrosion of the door lock micro switches might leak current or keep the computer awake.Until I can put yet more time into my albatross, I keep the battery earth terminal "push-on" tight, and take it off when I leave the car standing for more than an hour. Leave the hood ajar and reconnect before unlocking. If 'engine disabled' turns up, disconnect, turn ign. to position 2 and reconnect....this clears the security memory. Another suggested source of 'wake-ups' is a neighbour's garage opener. Google this problem. Good luck, Fixes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac