12 Volt adaptor / cig lighter on after key is off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fbaer

Ok, this may be a bit of a strange question to ask, but is there any way to have either the cigarette lighter or any of the other 12 volt plugs remain energized with the key out? i would like to be able to leave one of my camera batteries charging in the truck while i am off shooting, then come back and swap batteries.

Thanks!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not strange... just not possible without rewiring to a circuit that is always on.

JimRoshan

Reaction score
If you don't want to want to rewire everything then do what I do. I bought one of those batt/jumper Cable combos that has a cig light connector. I plug in my chargers to that and let them roll. It lasts all day. When I get home I plug in the charger for it and in the moring it is ready. I have charges camera batts all day and hen had plenty left over to jump start a car on the side of the road. The unit cost me $50. Plus I can take it with me on a shoot and let it power my laptop and waht ever else wahile I am shooting. A whole lot better than trying to run a reeeeaaaallllyyyyy long extention cord from the LR3 to my shoot!! LOL.

BTW - What do you shoot (Still or Video)?

F

fbaer

Mainly still, for me, I'm not a professional, but i have started playing with video. I have a Nikon D100 w/ some fun lenses... (Nikon 24-120, 70-200 f2.8 VR, 60 micro) and a 17 mm tokina.

http://homepage.mac.com/fbaer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4