'16 Disable Stop/Start without Dash Light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone figured out a way of disabling the start/stop system without turning on the dash light?

From everything I read it sounds like other than it spontaneously not working, any attempt to disable (disconnecting battery) will turn on the dash light, which is equally annoying as the start/stop system....

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I beat this to death in my traxide install thread. The only way is if the PSDB fails under certain conditions.

Otherwise, the light is on.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah understood.

Anyone try the driver's seatbelt route? Disconnect the seat belt wire under the seat, then disable the chime/notification. Car will assume seat belt is unbuckled and not do the start/stop.

But not sure what other systems could be affected by this. IE airbags....

EDIT: Found this thread where it was simply tried and it wasn't the best result: https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic127413-105.html

Although also in that thread was the story of the battery monitor being wired backward causing the start/stop not to work...Presumably seeing a negative value instead of positive as enough to trick it. Any idea where those wires would be?

Last edited:

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the start/stop so much that I've come to accept, even appreciate, the reassurance the 'light' gives that the s/s is disabled! I'd be concerned that 'tricking' the system might trigger one of those 'Land Rover electronics calamities'...MHO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut