1k on my 2006 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
Well, just turned 1k on the odo to my 2006 HSE, Zanetti Grey, black leather guts. Not a single problem so far (knock on wood). I traded in a 2004 Titan, 4 door, 4x4, loaded up.

I am still somewhat making the transition and am not sure if it is going to be a successful one. I am very happy with the gizmos and the exceedingly quiet and smooth engine (the Titan constantly sounds like a NASCAR about to launch) but I miss the interior roominess of the Titan, looming over most other vehicles, and there is just no comparison to the power (yes, Titans do **** the Dodge Hemi). On the positive side, the LR3 is very confidence inspiring off road, its manners are fantastic, and it is a class act. Living in southern Arizona, the LR3 is certainly better behaved driving through running water during our monsoons than the Titan was (AWD is far better than part time 4x4).

I am getting an early oil change for the first time as this truck sat on the lot all summer long here, so just want to change it out. That should also be another positive over the Titan, I am not expecting a bunch of wild children running around the service waiting room while their mother has her 1997 Sentra serviced. I am hoping to have a much more upscale experience.

Well cheers all, I have been lurking for some time, thought hitting the 1k mark was a fitting time for my first post!

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are proboably the only person moving up the ladder of mpg when going to the LR3!

did you get the V8?

Wayfarer

Reaction score
Hi there CPA. I did get the V8, it comes standard on the HSE model. I do seem to be getting a few more mpg, however the Titan ran like a top on regular gas. So six of one, half dozen of the other. Also, the Titan has a 29 gallon tank so the range is similar too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prjagman