2004 Discovery Stalled while driving!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klaine1

Reaction score
i think i should move to solve the fuel issue. i finally found the shraeder valve and depressed the stem. fuel shot out. i checked it with the ignition in position II (start position i think). I heard and felt the hum of the IACV. after i replaced the crank position sensor (fully pulled in) it still would not start. I have not replaced the cover to the crank position sensor because i'm waiting for the part. I'm concerned that's its electrical because the engine stalled shortly after turning on the AC, two times. Also, the doors do not lock and unlock correctly. ANY IDEAS, my 1984 f150 is hot as hell!

thanks

klaine1

Reaction score
i think i lost my other post. anyway i need to check the fuel system. i found the shraeder valve, depressed the valve and fuel shot out (while in ignition position 2). i felt and heard the hum of the IACV. after i replaced the crank position sensor (properly plugged in), it has never started. I have not put the cover on the crank position sensor. i'm waiting for the new one. I'm concern that it may be electrical because the engine stalled twice when i put the AC on, plus the doors do not lock and unlock properly. need help my 1984 f150 is hot as hell!

thanks

klaine1

Reaction score
i jumped the fuel pump directly from the battery and the fuel pump worked. the fuel rail had pressure. without the jumper, the voltage was constant and did not reach 13v (im not an electrician) i unpluged the inertia switch and tried to bypass the switch with a jumper. it didn't seem to work. now my M and S and D flash. im thinking the battery is low from trying to start the car so much (terminals are clean). replaced fuel pump relay with a relay from the wiper motor, still will not start. the other fuel fuses seem to be ok. I still do not have the cover on the CPS. (i'm wondering if the CPS cover contains some ground in it!?) i could use some more guidance, im getting desperate.

klaine1

Reaction score
im an idoit! i checked the crank position sensor that i just installed and i had put the spacers on the two bolts before installing the CPS. i reinstalled the CPS correctly, only this time i put the CPS on the two bolts first, then the spacers on the outside.
the problem now is that i can not get the M&S and D from flashing and can not start the car. (M&S and D started to flash when i ran down the battery trying to start the truck with the improperly installed CPS). i went to the auto store twice and they said the battery is good (under load 12.6). i hate to get a new battery if mine is good. i put another used battery in and no go. i checked the brake switch (because im stuck in park) it seems to work. should i check the xyz switch (neutral switch)? i sure am learning alot, but now i'd like the truck to start!

klaine1

Reaction score
New Battery and i still have the M & S and D flashing and the SES, oil, and battery light stay on. I've tried keeping the ignition on for 5 minutes to allow the IDM to communicate with the BCU but it will not. I've unplugged the bus to the IDM and the BCU -- still nothing. I still can not get the truck out of park. none of these problems existed before i took the negative cable off the battery. HELP!

ladyrover

Reaction score
Intro....

Hi there,
I have a 1997 Discovery 5 speed, recently it started stalling when coming to a stop. It also will idle fast at times, then after @ 10 minutes will settle down. Sound familiar to anyone? My "Dr" has tried replacing the idle control and the idle tensioner.....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
ladyrover... first not a good idea to post at the end of an older post just for future reference not everyone will see it.

If I were to take a guess and since you have not entered any maintenance history, I would say fuel pump is starting to go or fuel filter is clogged.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM