2006 Range Rover hse smog problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m having problems passing smog in California due to oxygen sensors incomplete or not ready. I replaced the 2 downstream already and will replace the 2 upstream next. I also replaced starter, alternator, battery, fuel pump and filter, water pump and a lot of coolant hoses. I’m not sure if the 2 upstream will fix the problem, but hope so. Also I hear a hissing sound which sounds like it’s coming from near the EGR passenger side. I also replaced the PCV valve and tried spraying starter fluid to find a leak but no luck so far. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Update ***
Replaced the 2 upstream oxygen sensors but still shows O2 sensors monitors not ready. All other emissions are ready. Could it still be egr valve if it shows ready egr system ready. I should note I used an OBD II scanner and it doesn’t show any other engine codes. I’m fairly new to all of this and have been replacing quite a few parts and hope to pass smog soon
Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
4730E74F-CCC2-4935-BDAF-970FD8842787.jpeg

cj60

Reaction score
Drive Cycle ?
Search or google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
Had a similar issue not to long ago regarding Lean Banks 1 and 2 codes. Replaced MAF sensor, 02 sensors, PCV valve and intake O-rings, cleared the codes and after 20 mins of driving, ding! code came back. Bugged me for a few days then I remembered something about the ecu storing old adaptation values which triggered the original CEL and it will keep referring to it even though I replaced the sensors already. I then proceeded to clear the engine adaptation values and lo and behold, CEL has not come back to this date.

Reaction score
I think that’s my next step, replacing the MAF sensor. I haven’t thought about the intake O rings might have to look into that as i already did sensors and PCV valve. When you say clear the engine adaptation values do you mean disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so ? Is there a different way to clear the adaptation values? I took to local rover mechanic and he didn’t do much but suggest MAF sensor and said it must be electronics, 200$ later.

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
Most OBD2 scanners won't clear adaptation values. The ones specifically programmed for LRs will have the options to do it like the ones they sell at Atlantic British for about $400+. It clears engine/drivetrain adaptaion values since the ECU constantly learns and stores how the vehicle is driven and any potential issues that comes up. Before you start throwing parts into it, have a LR independent shop clear the adaptation values if they have a LR specific OBD2 scanner and see if the error codes comes back.

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
On a side note, if you will wrench on the car yourself and do not mind using a non-branded OBD2 scanner can perform almost all functions a manufacturer specific scanner does, message me for info on the one I use. Don't worry, I won't sell you one, will just give you the info and where to get it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72