2006 Range Rover suspension fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deandoc

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone advise please. 2006 RR HSE (Aspirated) 4.4. At the moment, we are bottomed out on its haunches.

Using the Nexdiag have the following codes coming up:

C1A72 F L height sensor, C1A27 Compressor circuit, C1131 Air supply, C1A03 F L height sensor, C1A03 F R height sensor, U0416 Invalid data received from vehicle DCM, C1A07 Cross articulation, C1A20 Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir, C1130 Air spring air supply

Ran data stream in real time:

Have 4.9v registering at each sensor. and 0.65A to control module. Have 0A showing on valves and reservoir at the moment.

Main issue seems to be the 102Kpa in the gallery which should be the reason I’m on bump stops.

Question is, if the height sensors have failed, would this stop the compressor from generating sufficient air? Or is it more likely this is a compressor fault and the height sensors are showing in fault because they have bottomed out which is my feeling.

Meant to say this was not a intermittent fault that deteriorated, it was suddenly down on its haunches.

help/advice please, Im booked into a RR/LR garage as I dont have the facilities to do it myself, trying to get a handle on possible scenarios and cost.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If original air bags, they may have finally let the air out. If you hear the compressor and nothing seems to work, that would be my guess. Also the compressor will run till it dies in this case.

Deandoc

Reaction score
Thanks for responding

Well the news ain’t good. Compressor burnt out trying to deal with a myriad of small leaks. All four corners were original airbags, someone along the way did some height sensor changes and used some cheap and nasty sensors which, when the car bottomed out, decided to bend and twist. So looking at a bit of a bill I’m afraid.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. If you have tools at home, most of this can be replaced in a garage with a good jack.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. If you have tools at home, most of this can be replaced in a garage with a good jack.

Jacks are a death wish, get yourself a set of four jack stands like example purchase 4 ton each vs purchase 3 ton standsyou see at Harbor Freight and most at discount stores. Another plus 4 ton also lift higher avoiding having the stands extended to their maximum elevation.

Hein Werner 1 1/2 ton "WS" series years ago handled commerical duty trouble free for decades, if you find one not beat to death your lucky. The name came back but now made in Chyna, avoid them by all costs they are rubbish.
Be safe, DIY it's an easy job as the labor is what jacks up (pun) the repair bill as your already deep into expensive replacement parts......~~=o&o>.......

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Jacks are a death wish, get yourself a set of four jack stands like example purchase 4 ton each vs purchase 3 ton standsyou see at Harbor Freight and most at discount stores. Another plus 4 ton also lift higher avoiding having the stands extended to their maximum elevation.

Hein Werner 1 1/2 ton "WS" series years ago handled commerical duty trouble free for decades, if you find one not beat to death your lucky. The name came back but now made in Chyna, avoid them by all costs they are rubbish.
Be safe, DIY it's an easy job as the labor is what jacks up (pun) the repair bill as your already deep into expensive replacement parts......~~=o&o>.......
Correct - I should have said Jack Stands, I don't even consider working on a vehicle without them.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA