2010 LR4 V8 Electrical Problems (Big Surprise)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There aren't many code readers that can read suspension faults. The GAP can. You might want to make sure the Foxwell can before you plunk down more money into it.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
THE PROBLEM:
I was waiting in the truck, not running, for my daughter to come out of basketball. When I went to start the truck, nothing. No dash lights, no navigation screen, no cute little picture of the LR4 on the dash, just complete quiet and darkness. I noticed the brake pedal was really firm gave a hard push on the pedal, pressed the start button again, it made a clunk hesitated and fired up, but with “restricted performance”. Shut truck off. Waited a second. Started as normal with no restricted performance but was stumbling at low rpm. But to my surprise the CEL light is now off, all the codes are gone except for the permanent ones and the clock and date are reset to 2009, as if I had disconnected the battery and discharged the electricity by touching the positive and negative cables together.

THE answer: Press down on the brake pedal until it can't go any further and press down on it even more, then press the Start button. You'll need to clear the transfer case values and relearn/recalibrate your transfer case.

In my case I was about 0.5L low on transfer case fluid that caused it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72