2010 vs. 2015 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of two lane mountain roads here. When my ass is hanging out passing slow moving traffic you bet I care about peak HP. Torque to tow and HP to pass. The V8 has more of both so is my choice. If the V6 would have had 400 HP and 425 425 ft lbs then I would be a convert lol.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 HSE with 168,000 mi on it and I love it. People hauler, stuff hauler, mild off-roading. Love that 5.0 Jaguar engine and the torque. Quiet vehicle and I know that it will get me through any situation whether off road or highway maneuvers. If I was given a choice of buying it again or something else I'd take this Rover every time.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an observation worth noting...Skimming through the forum it would appear there are more issues reported on here with the v8 opposed to the SCV6 (water pump/head gasket etc.) --- Granted they may be older since there is lapse in time between the release of the SCV6. But...I have over 50k on my current SCV6 and over 20k on my prior one and had no problems with either the engine or the 8 speed transmission. Some of the issue reported on the v8 are being experienced in that 50k-75k period. Guess time will tell.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think give it time. The V6 is nothing more than the V8 with two cylinders hacked off and a SC added. Outside the water pump issue (which I believe LR has finally corrected) the V8 is not too bad in terms of issues. I am a firm believer that the timing chain issue was partially exacerbated by LR's extended drain intervals. Knock on wood but my 160k km (100k mile) V8 is silent. I suppose there is a possibility the previous owner had the guides addressed in the first 2 1/2 years of ownership (50k miles) but I doubt it.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think give it time.

I agree, time will tell. Though I have never experienced engine or trans issues...I have already (at 50k miles) had to have the fuel pump replaced as well as the rear diff pinion seal, both of which were covered under the CPO warranty.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 LR4 is at the point where if I had a major catastrophe (engine or transmission) I would probably just sell as is and move on. I bought it used for cash (45% MSRP 3 years old and 45k miles, gotta love LR lol) for a great deal and have already fully depreciated it in my own mind. I don't mind putting $2500 or so into it each year and will probably do that until something eventually goes boom. Then it will be sold where is as is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72